2020 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a fishing site or not? I enjoy looking at people’s pictures and I’m sure the survival rate is much higher! Ever heard of rivers that are catch and release only? If the survival rate of those fish was only 25% there wouldn’t be fish left for very long...
Exactly

Nice. Did you measure it?

no just the a quick photo and back into the water, really wish we did though. He’s never caught one over 30 so now he’ll be wondering about this one the rest of his life lol.

no just the a quick photo and back into the water, really wish we did though. He’s never caught one over 30 so now he’ll be wondering about this one the rest of his life lol.
Still a beauty. Nice work!

Fished the humps for 2hrs yesterday afternoon 12-2. 6 nice fish successfully released (13 - 18lbs). 4 of the fish were clipped. Gota love DFO and their brilliant "management" efforts.

Hey Mr. getbent. Ya, I've released probably hundreds of fish and many didn't survive. Most inadvertently caught or had to be released because of non retention. One thing for sure is this guy has fish slime all over his shirt. Now as most people know that's pretty much a death sentence for most fish although this one may make it to it's spawning ground, we will never know. My point is a picture is not worth the value of this fish by a long shot. Release it with as little handling as possible. You don't have to respond as I won't see it. I'm out'a here.

Hey sorry hedgehog, but that is a phenomenal fish and he is absolutely deserving of a great photo. He didn't implement the ridiculous management strategies, simply trying to make the best of it. I will also note that scientists and fisheries often net fish, bring them aboard, and sample them followed by a healthy release.

Another reminder...if you want to talk about catch and release tactics there are a number of older existing threads that have plenty of discussion on the subject or start a new one so it can be kicked around one more time, but please keep it out of the reports threads.

Brian

A
Awesome fish and great picture. People have no clue how resilient these fish are, I cant even count how many fish ive caught that had healed wounds, cuts, chunks out of them and they were healthy as can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back