2020 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
WindAlert is an excellent app for current and past conditions as well, has all the buoy and landstations on it.

It was nice and calm till about 830 then it got a little rough. almost to rough for my kayak.
A few Dogfish (and im not using bait), baby ling and quillbacks but nothing for me off my kayak in front of neck point lots of bait though could see it jumping all over till it got rough.

Anybody been out lately....looking forward to the Wednesday opener, trying to decide where to go, Fingers, Entrance,Thrasher....maybe up to French Creek if its windy...choices choices, cant wait !

Anybody been out lately....looking forward to the Wednesday opener, trying to decide where to go, Fingers, Entrance,Thrasher....maybe up to French Creek if its windy...choices choices, cant wait !

Haven't been out yet but I'll be out Thrasher way on Friday and Saturday. Have to be careful though as East and South of Thrasher is area 29 and Chinook isn't open there until the end of the month.

Haven't been out yet but I'll be out Thrasher way on Friday and Saturday. Have to be careful though as East and South of Thrasher is area 29 and Chinook isn't open there until the end of the month.

That's right have to keep North...I think I'll fish French Creek tomorrow anyways supposed to be a northwesterly up to 20 knots.

Looking to cover a captains fuel and bait costs, and throw in some gear for an early morning fish on July 20th out of Nanaimo/Schooner/French.

Sold our Double Eagle two years ago, regrettably. Familiar with the waters from French to Lasqueti down to Thrasher. Have our own gear, husband and wife team. If someone is willing to have company, please shoot me a DM!
(I have followed this thread every year, and figured it was the best place to ask)

tight lines

Went out with a buddy last night for a few hours off the fingers. Little rough at first but it got real calm as the night progressed. No keepers for us just 5 undersized springs. Green and white spoon caught them all. Saw quite a few people around us watch fish on so guess didn’t have the lucky setup. Didn’t help that is was not my day with the down riggers. Lots of pop offs and somehow tangled my lines resulting in Loosing my favourite spoon, flasher, and Scotty quick release. Rookie move on my part.

Boat launch was crazy busy both unloading and loading. But people were surprisingly polite and efficient. So it went quickish.

jigged around the fingers last night from 745 until dark. Shakers like crazy out there, no keepers for us and didn't see anyone at the ramp with fish

Nice day on the water today at thrasher but had to let everything go;( Couple nice wild coho and 4 undersized spring. Dozens of shakers.

Any tips for keeping the shakers away? Going faster/slower/deeper shallower or just going somewhere else?

It a far trip from crofton to come home without any fish. Anyone catching coho off polier pass?

Jigging was productive for me at the fingers last night right at dark. Got a 74cm and hooked into several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back