2020 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out tonight.... no coho but lots of springs.... 5 to the boat, released with flick of pliers. Lots of pin poppers. Zero’d in around double humps at 120-150 feet. Bon Chovy and herring aid spoons

Made it out on Saturday for the afternoon. Pretty quiet day with one wild coho and a shaker spring. I was surprised to find a coho it seems fairly early.

Hi guys. Seeing any big concentrations of bait recently? Looking to jig some adult herring for research.

For Herring jigging.......Active and Porlier Passes are your best bet locally. Inside points and back eddys at certain stages of the tides concentrates them. Look for birds. Not uncommon to see bait balls either in these areas.

Got out tonight 5:30-8:00 with the family. Beautiful evening out on the water. Fished fingers down to neck point and back. Got one beautiful 15 lb plus hatchery spring released to live another day. 120’ on the rigger, white glow hochie, in front of the fingers. Awesome fight. Also couple undersized on spoons.

Been fishing of the fingers for the past 5hrs, plenty of shaker nooks to the boat a couple possible keepers and one hatch ho in the box. Gotta go got one on!!

Ended the day with the one coho and hooked up on what would have been a keeper chinook.

hope tomorrow is as good.

Last edited:
Happy Father’s Day to all!

Went out for a quick two hour Father’s Day fish off the Fingers this afternoon. Nothing for us. No bites. Lots and lots of bait on the sounder. Couple of huge bait balls.

good times with the family though. And that’s what it is all about.

crazy low tide

Went out for a quick two hour Father’s Day fish off the Fingers this afternoon. Nothing for us. No bites. Lots and lots of bait on the sounder. Couple of huge bait balls.

crazy low tide
Yeah the fish seemed to have moved out for now

crazy low tide
Those big tide swings can move the fish so quick its crazy.

Been out twice in the last 9 days and has been quite good first trip 1 pink, 1 wild and a hatchery Coho also 3 spring 2 of which would have been keepers.
On Saturday 3 spring to boat one about 10lb and couple moe good hits most at 160ft
All on coyote spoon green and black spoons

Went out for a couple hours later this morning. Quite rough for most of this. Family was not too impressed with me.
Good action out there. Herring Aid coho killer was hot. Couple undersized. Missed a few hard hits. Pretty sure had couple keeper hatch coho’s to the boat but I was second guessing myself and released them thinking they were springs. Didn’t want to net them so just kept them in the water and released them with flick of the pliers. 80’ on the rigger off the fingers. Quite fast, 3-3.5 mph.

Went out for a couple hours later this morning. Quite rough for most of this. Family was not too impressed with me.
Good action out there. Herring Aid coho killer was hot. Couple undersized. Missed a few hard hits. Pretty sure had couple keeper hatch coho’s to the boat but I was second guessing myself and released them thinking they were springs. Didn’t want to net them so just kept them in the water and released them with flick of the pliers. 80’ on the rigger off the fingers. Quite fast, 3-3.5 mph.
Nice. My crew (Da Boss) made me turn around half way out and return to the harbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back