2020 Haida Gwaii Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now guys lets all get along and play nice, wouldnt want anybodys feelings to get hurt. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like the admin told me the other day "You will note by the number of likes to my post in the Vancouver reports thread that many members are tired of the derails and inevitable personal ******** that comes with it. "

So to hell with the fish, to hell with the guests, to hell with the natives, to hell with covid protocols and common sense, as long as everybody on SFBC gets along everything is hunky dory! Lets pile those likes up a mile high, and then pile them a mile higher! To the sky! Back to the fishing reports I say!!

And make sure u wear a mask! Unless of course youre a loudmouthed Haida Aboriginal with a video camera harrassing regular law-abiding citizens, because as long as youre on "unceeded territory" the deadly virus wont harm you! Thats a scientific fact!

Kind of ironic that these unmasked morons stand a far greater chance of infecting their children and elders after a long day of screaming and shouting in a busy airport terminal, than anybody flying direct from rupert to a lodge. Im pretty sure nobodys been infected yet by a plane/chopper passing several thousand feet overhead but then again Im no doctor.

/endrant

Seeing as how you insist on taking your shots at me in public, I will have to respond in the same way. I will repeat what I said to you in private and highlight it for you. No one here ever said you can't have debates on any of the subject matter you are purporting get's shutdown. We simply ask that it get's posted in a new thread, or often an already existing thread, so as not to derail and clutter up the topic at hand. That is how forums operate and are moderated as such. People searching for information about a particular topic based on the title of the thread don't want to have to read through a pile of content not related to the expected subject matter. My point around how many likes are attached to a particular post was to simply show that for everyone who thinks like you that a free for all should occur in any given thread, there are many who want to see the subject matter stay on track. Believe me, I am an unlikely candidate to win a "popularity" contest on this forum as evidenced by your rant.

I will repeat, no one here ever said you can't have debates on any of the subject matter you are purporting get's shutdown. If you find it so objectionable that we ask you and everyone else to stick to the topic of the thread, which is an expected norm in forums, you are free to not participate or I guess you can start your own forum and moderate in whatever way you wish. We will not be changing our tact of keeping this forum on track and organized to meet most of our members expectations when they visit here.

You had your rant in public and I have responded in the same way but this will be the last of it. If you feel we are wrong in our approach to moderating we will have to agree to disagree and move on.

Brian

"IF" the ferry is running to and from HG, and that airport is open in Masset and they are both taking passengers ( Haida peoples)back and forth, then tell me what the problem is with any Canadians traveling to a lodge from the mainland, with no contact of residents.

Id love to here of any fishing reports from up there

On actual reports which is what this thread is all about, heard unreal fishing at QCL right now, which is nice to hear as know last few years not much bait up there. But doubles were fairly common for even those that don't know the area! Those fish will be headed south so get those rods ready!! July 16th!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought we are supposed to be coming together to help our local businesses survive! It’s actually sickening to me that the Haida aren’t supporting them to operate in safe way. It seems to me that they want the business to crumble. The Haida aren’t concerned with it as they know they will get grants to get up and running again.

A really odd video for FF to put out.
The entire world follows safe boating practices and even though they are saying it is a food hunt, there were no apparent fishing taking place, indeed they appeared to want to make contact with the operator which could have led to a Covid infection, like they wanted the contact on purpose.
I am not saying this was their plan, but it got on TV so maybe with more clever editing they can be made to look even worse.

The operator did not get too close but the FF looked like they were trying to get on board and break distancing rules

funny they wernt complaining about the virus they were yelling there our fish goverment got them believing they own the wh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back