2020 Haida Gwaii Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a reports thread, this one was going to be almost non-existent as there is virtually no fishing happening in the region. But, it has served it's purpose in showing that QCL has opened and that the Haida aren't happy about it. It is not going to turn into a political mess and non-stop ***** session/debate here which will ultimately solve nothing.

Come on now guys lets all get along and play nice, wouldnt want anybodys feelings to get hurt. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like the admin told me the other day "You will note by the number of likes to my post in the Vancouver reports thread that many members are tired of the derails and inevitable personal ******** that comes with it. "

So to hell with the fish, to hell with the guests, to hell with the natives, to hell with covid protocols and common sense, as long as everybody on SFBC gets along everything is hunky dory! Lets pile those likes up a mile high, and then pile them a mile higher! To the sky! Back to the fishing reports I say!!

And make sure u wear a mask! Unless of course youre a loudmouthed Haida Aboriginal with a video camera harrassing regular law-abiding citizens, because as long as youre on "unceeded territory" the deadly virus wont harm you! Thats a scientific fact!

Kind of ironic that these unmasked morons stand a far greater chance of infecting their children and elders after a long day of screaming and shouting in a busy airport terminal, than anybody flying direct from rupert to a lodge. Im pretty sure nobodys been infected yet by a plane/chopper passing several thousand feet overhead but then again Im no doctor.

/endrant

A
As a reports thread, this one was going to be almost non-existent as there is virtually no fishing happening in the region. But, it has served it's purpose in showing that QCL has opened and that the Haida aren't happy about it. It is not going to turn into a political mess and non-stop ***** session/debate here which will ultimately solve nothing.

Reports to flow again soon, once law abiding canadian citizens get to their fishing trips after all the BS harrasment.

Those 4 people sitting at the table are not following covid rules....

Why would you say this?...when im with my friends, my dad or son/ daughter and their significant others im sitting at the same table, no mask..
Maybe these guys are related, at least best of friends, work mates..
Your "bubbles"can be larger now...i dont see a problem, airlines are opening up and booking sll their seats, what cant 4-5-6 people from 1 group sit together?

Why would you say this?...when im with my friends, my dad or son/ daughter and their significant others im sitting at the same table, no mask..
Maybe these guys are related, at least best of friends, work mates..
Your "bubbles"can be larger now...i dont see a problem, airlines are opening up and booking sll their seats, what cant 4-5-6 people from 1 group sit together?

Fair point these guys will be fishing together sleeping together, so it doesn’t matter and you can have bigger bubbles now.

I personally just think wearing a mask in a public place like an air port is the right thing to do.

To each their own

The province of BC isnt closed to BC residents, and last time I checked the Haida Gwaii is in the province of BC. Also that news article has very little or nothing to do with the issues at hand. Its just a routine extension of emergency powers, which can only be extended 2 weeks at a time.

You should read the article.

To be clear, Im all for protecting the Haida people from unneccessary exposure or the potential of exposure to the virus. I wouldnt support a lodge that opens with the intent to send guests to the lodges through local Haida communities. These lodges have protocols in place and the guests that are being shamed and harassed unneccessarily will be nowhere near any Haida communities. Its nonsense.

They're worried about exposure, but these Haida are exposing themselves to these guests at the airport, then they'll travel home possibly bringing the virus with them...pure insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back