2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone can tell me when Winter Spring fishing picks up? First year out on the water and itching to get out and catch some fish.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me when Winter Spring fishing picks up? First year out on the water and itching to get out and catch some fish.

I was out last weekend south of Denman and Hornby Island and picked up just one under. A few other boats out but dint see anyone hooking up really.

More to your question, I think typically we see the winter fishing picking up in Dec/Jan around here but haven't spent a ton of time with the boat in during the winter. Maybe someone with more experience in the area during the winter could narrow it down. I hope to see more winter fishing this year! Lets keep some information flowing on winter spring's in the area.

Good luck.

Anyone have any luck crabbing around the south end of Denman and Hornby? Have been launching from Union Bay. I seem to do ok with the fishing and prawning but haven't had much luck crabbing since moving up island here. Any direction, tips or tricks for finding some better sucess on the crab traps would be much appreciated. Will make the wife and kids happy :)

Hey Folks. Anyone seeing any very small (less than 12”) shakers in the northern Strait during the past couple weeks? Searching for small Chinook for tagging work. Thanks!!

Actually got 2 yesterday off Kitty Coleman - around 12" or so. 275' at bottom, sandlance type lure.

Fished the hump yesterday. Skinny g on one side anchovy on the other. Only one legal size caught on the skin g. Both had the same amount of hits 4. Saw a couple nets out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back