2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to pump out my gas last year due to water in my tank. Bought marked gas in Comox and suddenly had a problem. Hope it was a one off as I just bought gas again just recently. Did you have an issue?

That sucks. I’m not positive it was the gas I purchased but the bill to pump out the gas, new filters, carb job, and fill it back up sucked.

trolled around Lazo today and picked up a nice 15# around 7:00 am. On an anchovy and green flasher at 40 feet. Moved out towards a spot between Lazo and Ajax. Trolled for some coho. Nothing but shakers for us.

To those of you who fish The Cape Lazo area, how late into the fall can one expect reasonable fishing?

Finally got my new to me boat bloodied at Kitty. Ran some plugs deep and managed 1 keeper spring and then lost a much nicer fish at the boat. Calm waters and vis was less than 1/2 km. A few boats out there.

From da bay bye.

Well if you don't succeed try again. Back to Kitty again today. Tried lots of different things but just got small ones. Even anchovy wasn't enough. Tomorrow we will try again.

Royston ,Not targeting chinook , the slabs were rolling ,porpoising yesterday today low tide ,ho's lock jaw already.

We tried the Pt Holmes/Lazo area yesterday. Nothing doing. Put the boat back on the trailer after 2 hrs and headed to Kitty. Picked up 2 nice size springs using plugs down deep south of the hump.
A few boats out there.

Anybody find any fish out at Lazo recently? Thinking of heading out tomorrow.
We were out yesterday. Beautiful until about 4. Released a cpl of pinks, lost a few more something and landed a legal but not huge spring. First time in r new local waters. Not sure where to go. Thought that was a pretty good result. We r happy.

Got out to the Hump yesterday and it was a beauty of a day on the water. Flat, sunny and warm. Lots of humpbacks around and they put on a show. There were about 8 other boats out there.
The fishing was good for October, got two keepers and released some under size. Lots of bait on the finder. Creel survey being done at Kitty Coleman park upon return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back