2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was a great afternoon on the water. Wind died down and the water was very calm. Tried some trolling for coho but only caught springs. Nice ones too, 15 lbs or more. All released with no issues.
I did managed to catch a dogfish without a hook. Somehow it managed to get itself tangled about 50 feet up from my spoon. It had 3 or 4 wraps of leader line wrapped around it's body. There was lots of bait around at various depths. Tried some jigging but just doggies.

Fished kitty hump couple days ago only fished a few hour got blown off the water. Lots of action on flasher/ Aurora with glow stripe 160 to 220. Looking forward to retention July 15th.

Long shot here...
if anyone accidentally pulled, or found my prawn gear in deep Bay Area yesterday, I’d really like it back. Yellow Bouy with name EBY on it. Two Jolly traps on the line. No questions asked....
Hope everyone is having good fishing....

probably stating the obvious, but just in case- we've been having some fairly large tides this week- and twice over the years in that area I've come back to find my trap "gone" - only to check again at low tide and have them "returned " - must be a few rocks around that snag the spare line - just a thought.

probably stating the obvious, but just in case- we've been having some fairly large tides this week- and twice over the years in that area I've come back to find my trap "gone" - only to check again at low tide and have them "returned " - must be a few rocks around that snag the spare line - just a thought.
Yes, I am hoping thats the case. Will defiantly go check again. Line was plenty long for the tide, but if it snagged, it could have been held under. Cheers.

Launched at Comox Marina yesterday morning and fished off Tribune Bay and the outside of Norris Rocks to Whale Station bay. Managed to release a 15 lb spring, 3 jack springs and a 55cm long cod until we got blown off the water. Nice to get out in local waters to test the gear before the 15 th.

Launched at Comox Marina yesterday morning and fished off Tribune Bay and the outside of Norris Rocks to Whale Station bay. Managed to release a 15 lb spring, 3 jack springs and a 55cm long cod until we got blown off the water. Nice to get out in local waters to test the gear before the 15 th.

Thanks for the report. Interested in why you ran down from Comox instead of launching in Deep Bay. I’m new to the area. Still learning the water.

Nice!! I will be up there next week and again in August to fish Hornby. Just had a slow trip in Nootka so hoping the inside is red hot!

Probably should have launched at Deep Bay as diesel is cheaper for my truck than gas in my boat but I love the run down Baynes Sound a great view when it’s flat calm. I also heard that they dredged the Union Bay ramp but haven’t checked it out personally.

myself and 2 others I talked too each had one so that is 100% there is a sailboat up on the rocks down by Williams Beach did anyone see that?

Fished off Tribune Bay yesterday and released 2 wild coho, then released a just undersized spring off the Straits side of Flora, the wind died down so we motored to Lazo but not a bite, great day on the water

Was rods down around the crack of noon today around Lazo and the black and yellow marker. We went one for 2 and boxed a nice 10 lb spring, lost a coho before we could tell if it was hatchery or not. Humpback whale action and the wind was nothing by 3pm. First day out in my boat in more than a year and we had fun. Hope to go again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back