2020 Campbell River Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing boat wise north of Brown's Bay and the wall at Deepwater.
Like nothing. No tugs, workboats or fish boats
Weird

Was at Thurston today, quite a few boats in the morning. Will be back there tomorrow. Got one ourselves and saw quite a few caught.

Howdy! My wife, daughter and I are at pacific playgrounds until Thursday and was hoping for Chinook/ coho tips. We’ve fished whilby shoals last 2 days with no luck running spoons 6’ leaders close at bottom, wondering if anyone has any insight or tips for gear working or spots nearby that are producing? Thank you in advance team!

i have been running 6" plugs on both sides and doing pretty good. Springs are slowing down now for sure but there are still some out there. Also trying flasher and hootchie is never a bad idea when it its slow. I find the green can area at very last light produces. just making sure you give just enough light to make it back to PP.

Try going deep 200 to 250 with flasher and hootchie. Army Truck has been very good down deep. You will probably pick up some feeder springs which are far better eating right now.

good luck

Try going deep 200 to 250 with flasher and hootchie. Army Truck has been very good down deep. You will probably pick up some feeder springs which are far better eating right now.

good luck

Had the wife and kids out yesterday, put a nice setup on one side and my loaner on the other.
Had army truck hootchie on the loaner and it was on fire. Blue meanie on my rig pulled in an undersized only.
Caught the at the hump around 4pm.

Did a big tour up north yesterday. little rough in the am but laid right down. Big time light biters; gear checks revealed stripped anchovies. tried Chatham greensea thurston no love. just a gorgeous day. there mist be a fire on the mainland around bute as it was pretty smoky .

Thanks guys! Have the coho been out deep or closer to shore around salmon point, we noticed some guys fishing there last night!

I haven’t had very many coho in counters on the inside this year. Considering chinooks are still coming down the straits I’m Hoping they will show
late. Be interested to know if anyone has seen any decent coho numbers.

Can’t wait for beach fishing.

Fished the Green Can last night. Glass sees, whale show, beautiful evening. Incredible amount of bait, but fishing was very slow. Only one bite, landed a coho. Lots of boats out, only saw one other net.

Any word on the chum forecast or the timing of the commercial openings this year? Have not been up for that run for a couple years and would like to hit it again this year if the run is decent and if I can plan around the seine openings that tend to destroy the fishing for a few days afterward.

I think the test fishery starts Monday

Any word from the chum test fishery or anyone fishing up there recently as to updated reports or fish numbers so far? Would still be early but I've done well in big chum years as early as the last week of September. If ocean survival wasn't terrible one would think there could be a pretty decent run this year if the 2016 brood year was good.

Any word from the chum test fishery or anyone fishing up there recently as to updated reports or fish numbers so far? Would still be early but I've done well in big chum years as early as the last week of September. If ocean survival wasn't terrible one would think there could be a pretty decent run this year if the 2016 brood year was good.

looms like it just started today. Seems to be good If you compare it to past years.

https://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fos2_Internet/Testfish/rptdtfdparm.cfm?fsub_id=209

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back