2020 Campbell River Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well fellows, I never thought I would ever live to see the day where I had trouble catching a fish SMALL enough to bonk!!

It is definitely slower this weekend that the last few but lots of big fish around. We fished 3hrs in the morning and had 6 or 7 under sized to the boat and 5 over sized fish, ranging from 93cm to 107cm. Headed over to Teakerne Arm for a visit with family and a swim in the lake, back to do a few passes between 5 and 7pm. Had another 90+cm fish, half dozen runts and FINALLY a bonker at 78cm.
The amount of bait out in the AM was insane! It was so thick in places that the sounder was indicating bottom at 125ft in 250ft of water!
Tights Lines .....

Well the fish were still around south quadra last weekend, just wondering if this rain will drive them up the river.....? Has anyone been out the last number of days??

I was travelling through from Blind Channel south on the ebb yesterday and saw very few boats before the wall at Brown's Bay.
There were about a dozen there and no more than one or two at any one spot through Discovery Passage.

Fished the green can through afternoon slack. Picked up a 78 cm and 2 feeder springs 10-12 lbs. release one plus a handful of 20 inchers. Army truck and shower curtain down deep 150 -240 feet.

Fished browns bay for few days. Fishing was pretty good. Not on fire but good. The 4 of us killed 8 slot springs and also ran into some pinks coho and a chum. Seen some fish bonked at green sea aswell. Chatham pt was quiet the day we were there.

I was out last night after 5:00.
Started at the green can.
Slow until dusk around 7:30 / 8:00.
Very light hits and no fight, but good sized chinook when they got to the boat.
Only saw one other net, most headed in before the "light bite".

Edit: Hootchies right on the bottom.

Fished Lewis channel 2 days ago. Picked up a couple keepers and lost a couple. Went for a swim at Castle lake, stopped in at Refuge cove for fuel then off to Lund for fish and chips. Great end of summer day trip for the Wife and I.
Looks like Refuge restaurant didn’t open this summer but are rebuilding/expanding their deck for next summer. Can’t wait.

I took a tour all around desolation and up to Phillips Arm yesterday. Refuge Cove was a bit sad, no ice cream buckets. I know, first world problems. Lots of lumber heading up to the restaurant deck.
Stopped in at Blind Channel too. Such a nice spot.
No fishing on this tour but saw humpbacks, orca, dolphins. A couple of sea lions at Stuart Island were munching a large Chinook and came over to check us out.
Wonderful day of wildlife, we live in a magical part of the world!

I took a tour all around desolation and up to Phillips Arm yesterday. Refuge Cove was a bit sad, no ice cream buckets. I know, first world problems. Lots of lumber heading up to the restaurant deck.
Stopped in at Blind Channel too. Such a nice spot.
No fishing on this tour but saw humpbacks, orca, dolphins. A couple of sea lions at Stuart Island were munching a large Chinook and came over to check us out.
Wonderful day of wildlife, we live in a magical part of the world!

on those slow days on the water i have to remind myself of that. we are sooo spoiled!

Ummm on another topic see any boats fishing up north? i’m planning an overnight trip to chatham/ thurston/ area pretty quick; i don’t usually fish up there this late in the season, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back