2020 Campbell River Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody been out to the hump/greencan lately? still fish out there?
Out this morning..in a nut shell, yes! Lots of fish out there and at all depths. Played a bit with depths after we had our one fish each (6:20am) and hooked up anywhere between 200' and 50'.

Tight lines....

We fished south of the green can this morning. We got out there about 8:30 am and had our lines from 180 to 220 feet. Hooked lots of wild coho - one nice one about 6 or 7 pounds caught by my grandson - all gently released beside the boat. They liked a white needle fish hootchy the best. No springs at all in 3 hours fishing. Beautiful day on the water.

Thanks for the info. Just got back from fishing the Green Can this evening. Lots of boats, saw plenty of nets, but none for us. Beautiful evening on the water.

Been out a number of times in the past couple of weeks.
In the morning there have been a bunch of boats off the green can and right close to Fransisco Point. These are the the general location of some big bait balls.
The pack will fish these until the bait moves.
When the bait becomes hard to find, we head over to the lighthouse and usually pick up a nice spring in the back eddy.
Fishing naked plugs and blue meanie hootchies.

Got blown off the green can this morning so ended up close the the lighthouse and managed a couple.

Big spoons and deep.

Got blown off the green can this morning so ended up close the the lighthouse and managed a couple.

Big spoons and deep.
Sweet!
Yeah, looks nasty out at the can right now. Winds should start subsiding late tomorrow and through the rest of the week.

One spring yesterday around 10am, in 250' of water, with 280' out on the rigger, using a glow white plug. Trolling fast. Didn't see any other nets out, but it was windy and we were focusing on avoiding tangles with all the current.

One spring yesterday around 10am, in 250' of water, with 280' out on the rigger, using a glow white plug. Trolling fast. Didn't see any other nets out, but it was windy and we were focusing on avoiding tangles with all the current.

We picked up one around 74 cm at the green can then it got super lumpy so i moved to the light and was fighting that miserable current as well. picked up one around 85 cm returned safely and then boxed another right on the slot. we were there around the same time as you...i was the DE 185 doing donuts with the starboard rod under the port rigger . managed to land it somehow
do you have an older beauty hardtop?

At the green can today. Morning first light hours is where it’s at. Busy busy!!!

175 with large 4.5 no bananas spoon outfished about 5-1 my other side. Tried 602 plug, spoons but no bananas was the ticket.

company coming into town on saturday like to head out for an evening fish......hoping there are still fish at the hump/green can/lighthouse i thinking........, or has the fishing all moved north of the narrows??

Spent a couple days north of the narrows. Guys fishing the usual spots up there but had success on the wall outside early and late in the day. Mid day seemed slow.

company coming into town on saturday like to head out for an evening fish......hoping there are still fish at the hump/green can/lighthouse i thinking........, or has the fishing all moved north of the narrows??

the fishing has slowed slightly. if you’re doing an evening fish i wouldn’t venture farther than the lighthouse. tide depending do a tack from the cape mudge band to south of the light

sounds good guys, thanks for that. Ya last time i was out the green can was pretty productive for me. I will give the lighthouse a try. Also going to try jigging the shoal, hopefully there is still some bait around......anyone been jigging?

sounds good guys, thanks for that. Ya last time i was out the green can was pretty productive for me. I will give the lighthouse a try. Also going to try jigging the shoal, hopefully there is still some bait around......anyone been jigging?

1/2 foot rise today between 4pm and 1pm. perfect jigging conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back