2020 Campbell River Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone out there in Campbell finding any winter springs these days? Was thinking of doing a work trip (with boat in tow of course!) and was wondering if anyone has some info on where to look for springs up there? Maybe its not even worth it this time of year? Thoughts?

Should be lots around if you can get out.
Off shelter point or hump off quadra near the red can

Had some solid action this week, couple double headers. Seems to be lots of fish around. Lots of wind also...
Nice to hear ! Any preference to spoons / bait / hootchies ?
Gonna try and pop my prawning cherry this season as well, any thoughts on the Campbell region this time of year ? Might be ambitious for a rookie prawner but thought I’d ask.

Nice to hear ! Any preference to spoons / bait / hootchies ?
Gonna try and pop my prawning cherry this season as well, any thoughts on the Campbell region this time of year ? Might be ambitious for a rookie prawner but thought I’d ask.

Back side of Quadra or twin islands near Cortes have produced in the past for prawns

Anyone fishing that can report? I’m Probably heading out on Tuesday.
Fished the red can to lighthouse in the afternoon with plugs and no takers. Tried the red side of the hump with hootchies and released an undersized chinook. Heard that there are keepers out there, just have to find them.

Fished the red can to lighthouse in the afternoon with plugs and no takers. Tried the red side of the hump with hootchies and released an undersized chinook. Heard that there are keepers out there, just have to find them.
I admire your courage of getting on the chuck .wish you well and don't let the reports lead you astray.thankyou for the report.remember there was a 35# caught this month the other year.R WI the right people ,withe the right resouses ,at the right time ?

Not a report but thought i would voice my dismay over the $20 launch fee at Discovery now. $15 to launch and $5 to park. this is outrageous. this is campbell river not granville island....this is going to put so much pressure on Big Rock now. Salmon capital of the world and we have two decent launches. what a complete joke. sorry rant over.

Not a report but thought i would voice my dismay over the $20 launch fee at Discovery now. $15 to launch and $5 to park. this is outrageous. this is campbell river not granville island....this is going to put so much pressure on Big Rock now. Salmon capital of the world and we have two decent launches. what a complete joke. sorry rant over.

have not been in years, but is there still a functioning ramp at the FWM?

have not been in years, but is there still a functioning ramp at the FWM?

I believe the ramp at the Freshwater Marina is for their clientele only. in any case you’re not getting up the river in less than a 6’ tide unless you have a punt or a jet boat.

The rough launch on the spit was decommissioned WHILE PEOPLE WERE OUT FISHING. they came back to find the concrete launch had been removed by excavators.

Discovery is the only all tide launch in CR currently; at $20 per launch.

Big Rock is doable to about a 5’ tide in my DE 185. Big Rock is awesome and free but parking is limited.

Ken Forde is ridiculous; basically a kayak or SUP launch at this point.

South of town Salmon Pt has extremely limited parking and gets real skinny as well; not sure about the tide restrictions.

The point is, the launch situation is CR is absolutely embarrassing.

Any word about fish action?

Still pretty close after the herring spawn, but looks like I may get a forced vacation in the near future.
If the banks close, I'm done.

As said by the great Walter Sobchak, "**** it dude, let’s go (bowling) fishing."

Any word about fish action?

Still pretty close after the herring spawn, but looks like I may get a forced vacation in the near future.
If the banks close, I'm done.

As said by the great Walter Sobchak, "**** it dude, let’s go (bowling) fishing."
Tried Sentry Shoal for a change the other day. 9 to the boat....all safely released. One was likely barely a keeper and a few were close but surely under. All caught East and South of the yellow can. 150' - 210' on the wire in 200' depth. All on spoons. No luck with plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back