upload_2020-4-8_13-50-30.png

Attachments

• Fraser Chinook for Forum 2020-04-08-final.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Creel bulletin

Attachments

• SCCreelBulletin6_2019_Annual.pdf
    302.8 KB · Views: 13
How do they get 582 spring 5.2 chinook caught in SoG / JDF sport fishery???

I'd like to see the assumptions behind that one.

Edit: Also, how could the SoG / JDF rec catch exceed the 5 year average with non retention for April - mid July or Aug. 1 and reduction of annual limit to 10 fish?

Last edited:

Edit: Also, how is could the SoG / JDF rec catch exceed the 5 year average with non retention for April - mid July or Aug. 1 and reduction of annual limit to 10 fish?

Last year fishing in August was insanely good. I know many that retained more chinook last year then Previous years.

Remember the average angler retains less then 6 Chinook annually. So reducing the annual limit was going to have little impact.

Last year fishing in August was insanely good. I know many that retained more chinook last year then Previous years.

Remember the average angler retains less then 6 Chinook annually. So reducing the annual limit was going to have little impact.

Fair enough. But we also had 1/2 limit till Aug 31 in 2018 and 2019.

The bulk of the increase would really be attributed the Thompson fish coming in large numbers. They also don’t start to show in big numbers until late July or early August.

I’d like to see the estimate of the % Fraser catch relative to the entire JDF / SoG catch.

Fair enough. But we also had 1/2 limit till Aug 31 in 2018 and 2019.

The bulk of the increase would really be attributed the Thompson fish coming in large numbers. They also don’t start to show in big numbers until late July or early August.

I’d like to see the estimate of the % Fraser catch relative to the entire JDF / SoG catch.

You could probably figure that out if you compare it to the creel survey I post. most of the catch in area 29 was in August. Some years it’s around 3 k last year 10k. Pretty much all because of the 4-1s

Last year was insanely good because of the South Thompson stock. Take that away and watch how the fishing would have been around Vancouver.Can’t wait for August to roll around this year and we will see how insanely good the fishing will be around here. Our last good stock on the Fraser was absolutely decimated in the river, the FN numbers are nowhere near accurate.
582 5-2 caught in the SOG...lol...is this determined by DNA sampling?

HI All,

DFO provided a summary of updated technical information for 2019 fisheries for First Nation and stakeholder technical advisors on March 30th. Hyperlinked below is the recording of the summary. Also attached is the updated presentation and resource document.

Presentation Recording:

https://gts-ee.webex.com/recordings...ing/playback/45c5efa32c3343d0ad9841857225ded7

2019 Fraser Chinook Management Measure Information Review-20200330 2025-1
(2 hrs 6 mins)

Note that attached files are presentation and resource document of the Southern BC Chinook Technical Update.

Last edited:
The bulk of the increase would really be attributed the Thompson fish coming in large numbers.

I completely agree if the 4-1'2 come back in low numbers then vancouver has no fishery. April and May was the time to be out and its been taken away.

Here is something to think about how exact DFO science is...

They do not (to my knowledge) DNA test the Fraser Chinook test fisheries (Albion, etc.).

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Isn’t that the most obvious thing to do?

Get some students to run it for you (free).

Duh.

Back