2019 Winter Harbour Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Enniberg

Enniberg Active Member

Fished Cliff Pt. from 10 AM to 1:30 PM today. Brought back 2 teeners and released a lot of shakers. Definitely not on fire when we were there.

big rock likes this.
  2. norman oliver

norman oliver Member

Great up dates folks Thank you. Sounds like the fish are moving, hopefully some fresh ones are on the way in. Am getting excited about our trip coming next week.
    Whats the deal e o about no ice? Is it cause of no retention? Or what? Should I get sea ice at Campbell River on my way up?

3. big rock

big rock Active Member

Boat land ice is 5 bucks a cooler can't argue with that.

4. Reelin In The Years

Reelin In The Years Active Member

Where is boatland?
    Is that a big fish cooler?
    Is it salt ice?
    thanks

5. big rock

big rock Active Member

Boatland
    3125 N island Hwy Campbell River

Ice isn't salted but good for the beverages

Fish cooler will probably cost more maybe double. 8 bucks ?

6. norman oliver

norman oliver Member

Great tip, Thanks. I looked them up in Campbell River, They will be closed the day I travel through. No ice yet at Qualicum?

7. norman oliver

norman oliver Member

I have a number to Campbell River seafood's. They used to have sea ice.......not sure if they are still open. Will call in the am to find out.

8. donnie d

donnie d Active Member

Just talked to the guy there today on the phone. They have sea ice but only open 10am to 5pm.

9. PlayinHooky

PlayinHooky Member

We normally get ours at Hardy Buoys in Port Hardy. Might want to give them a call.

norman oliver likes this.
  10. Almar22

Almar22 Member

Hardy Bouys in Pt Hardy is where we get ours too!

11. big rock

big rock Active Member

We fished Clifffe point most of the day yesterday lots of action on hootchies spoons and chovies. Some nice coho starting to show up with chinooks mixed in. Usuall depths 30 - 50 feet.
    Evan dropped my buddy off to catch a few waves at Grants.

It's raining today see how that affects the bite.

Enniberg and norman oliver like this.
  12. norman oliver

norman oliver Member

Thanks for checking.

13. donnie d

donnie d Active Member

No prob. Hub City Fisheries in Nanaimo also has sea ice. I just called Harbor Chandler and they gave me some other ideas since I won’t be thru CR when CR Seafoods is open.

14. Captain PartyMarty

Captain PartyMarty Well-Known Member

Will be in Winter harbor on Saturday can't wait always a great time! We will be in the 24ft Seasport stop by if your around love to meet some SFBC members if I can!

15. Brian Reiber

Brian Reiber Active Member

How long are you staying? We will be there Tuesday to Friday. 20' Double Eagle.

16. tidal shot

tidal shot Active Member

Going to try winter for the first time next week, how long of run from coal harbour to get into descent fishing? Only making a day trip of it plan on launching at daylight

17. big rock

big rock Active Member

Cliffe point was very good this morning.
    Chinook and coho. Anchovies and green and white hootchies was working well. Our crew went down to the narrows and picked some coho there also.

Another great trip to winter harbour.

18. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Well-Known Member

about an hour to cliff point. Mcallister to the North and Kains light add another 15 ish? start at cliff tight to kelp and watch for bloody seals. they’re real bad there

norman oliver and After Hours IV like this.
  19. tidal shot

tidal shot Active Member

Thanks for the info. Will try that probably next Wednesday

20. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Crew Member

We'll be out at Cliff point tomorrow ,leaving Telegraph at 5:15 with the boat on the trailer. hopefully some trailer parking to be had in Coal harbour. What channel do guys stand by on out there.