2019 Winter Harbour Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. SFBC

SFBC Admin Staff Member

Post your 2019 fishing reports here!

2. big rock

big rock Active Member

With all the bad news resently. Can anyone tell me if 27-2 ie. cliff point/lighthouse is part of the offshore closure.

Thx Scott

3. Barnacle Bill

Barnacle Bill Well-Known Member

Allowed 2 springs inside, see fishery notice 377 I believe.

4. Dont have time for anything comprehensive right now, but suffice to say its game on in Winter Harbour. Stacks of squid and needlefish have fish congregating and holding in the near shore waters off Kwakiutl, Kains and Lippy, which is all open for 2 a day 4 possession. Its on, and its good... abundant Chinook in the 15-20lb range and an array of Hali and Ling feeding the midwater

ILHG and bugleemup like this.
  5. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

Of course they are, until you spend all the money to get up there then it’s,, damn you should have been here last week it was crazy lol ;) ;)

barkerfam and outbeen like this.
  6. Walleyes I dare you to test your theory! Clearly you have never been to Winter Harbour

7. Gong Show

Gong Show Well-Known Member

August Long Weekend, the Gong Show fish patrol will be back in full effect.
    Looking forward to getting my moment of zen.
    If we are ever on land, please stop by Dick's Last Resort for a beverage!

8. Busterbrown

Busterbrown Active Member

I am headed up there in June.....If I can catch fish there anyone can !!!!!

walleyes and Gong Show like this.
  9. sam_n_leo

sam_n_leo New Member

I'm heading up to Winter Harbour early Aug for 4 days with the family. This will be my first time over there so really looking forward to it, and not entirely sure what to expect. I'll be thrilled if I get a chance to get outside on a calmer day that won't make young kids seasick and show them a big lingcod and maybe a halibut.

10. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

No I haven’t been you are correct. My Nephews have been a few times and yes it is a great place to fish.

My post was just a bit of a rub is all. I find it hard to take most lodge personal posts serious, most seem to be quite self promoting, and hey why not.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Whitebuck likes this.
  11. Enniberg

Enniberg Active Member

I will be following this thread with great interest. Have never fished WH before but expect to fish the area extensively this year.