2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishwolf

Irishwolf Crew Member

I was out Sunday am for a couple of hours solo. Worked Sax to Macaulay 90-120 but nothing. No bait. Some debris but not bad. On the tack home noticed a boat working the 70ft contour so I fell in line for a try but nothing doing. Only thing I caught was a frozen pair of nuts. :eek:

2. Alex

Alex Member

Got out today for a few hours between Macaulay and the flag pole. Beauty day out there, lots of bait around now. Brought home 3 springs - 2 10lbs and 1 7lb. All at the tide change and right on bottom!

RTDub, eroyd, Original and 6 others like this.
  3. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

Nice job! I almost spat out my rum and egg nog as I misread the 7 for a 17 pounder! Still almost a combined tyee worth of fish :)

4. Alex

Alex Member

Haha sorry! That would have been nice :D

5. Original

Original Well-Known Member

Got out this am off Esq . Dropped the crab trap and trolled Sax point to Mcaulay for a few hrs then that nasty SE blew up around 11. That was enough for me so pulled trap with 2 keepers and crawled back to Fleming taking a few waves half way up the windshield. There were a few other boats out but don’t know how the did. Thought I had one on but turned out to be the only piece of kelp for miles. I heard 9.8 lb in the sooke saltwater derby today.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.