2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. SFBC

SFBC Admin Staff Member

Post your 2019 fishing reports here!

2. Original

Original Active Member

Got out today off Esq near Albert Head. Action was pretty steady from 8-1pm with a dozen released and a couple 8lb kept.spoons on the bottom 120

Attached Files:

2xeagle16, Irishwolf, Newf and 3 others like this.
  3. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

Nicely done Don! Staring the new thread off in style!

4. 2xeagle16

2xeagle16 Active Member

Out to Constance yesterday - 4 springs to 12 1/2 on Coho Killers - 80 ft on the down rigger in 80ft of water. Surprisingly, no tug of wars with snuffy.

Stizzla, Irishwolf, walleyes and 2 others like this.
  5. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

Yesterday?! You’re a soldier for going out in that weather! You deserved your success. Congratulations:)

6. calmsea

calmsea Well-Known Member

Around Albert Head near the freighter was still good today. Lots of little springs but there were a few 5-6# mixed in with them. All on the bottom, AP's in 3 and 4" without flasher. Good fun!

Irishwolf and Fisherben3 like this.
  7. DuroBoat

DuroBoat Member

Still a school hanging around the freighters today. Lots of fish to the boat, kept two around 5-6lbs. Fun, sunny winter day on the water with the most beautiful sunrise to start with.

Irishwolf, Stizzla and Original like this.
  8. DuroBoat

DuroBoat Member

Back at Albert head on Sunday.day and it was a gong show of boats! I don't think I've seen so many boats in one spot fishing in January. I saw lots of fish caught, caught several myself and a few were pretty good size (over 6lbs). Anything shiny and glow on the bottom was working