2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anybody was out early and if there's any issues with fog anywhere right now in the mornings?

We were like pink magnets today, couldn't get away from them. Started in am at sandheads and didnt see much action so we trolled all the way to t10 and headed back picking up pinks along the way. Once back just noth of the sandheads lighthouse there was tons of bait like 100 to 150 fow and constant fish pink after pink and we lost a couple springs. The went out front the mouth in deeper water 200 to 350 and still catching pinks. Then we caught a sockeye on an anchovie. Let her go safely. Kept a bunch of pinks but let so many go and lots of long line releases. They destroyed our anchovies, skinny gs and hoochies. Didnt matter what we put 40' to 100' on the wire. Seems some people got a few springs. I didnt see many caught. Lots of nets mostly pinks. We had our chance but they got away. 4 kids on the boat had a great day catching and bonking pinks. I always bleed and gut a few minutes later. They are laying on a bunch of ice jugs in the well, always grest canned and excellent smoked!

Nope bought this one in 2016 but the optimax conked out on me so didnt use it last year. Did all my sockeye fishing last year in my 16 footer. Bought a new 4 stroke merc 150 this year and loving it!
Cool yeah I remember the little tinny in your video. Looked fun.

Ran down to sandheads around 3:30pm and managed to find 3 nice springs in couple hours, 2 reds, small guy was marble. One was pushing 20# Ran through chovies fairly quick but got the 2 larger fish on cookies cream spoon and a 602 hooch. 47, 57’ Threw back 4 pinks or so and released some wild coho.
Glad it laid down for us or it would’ve been a real wet ride home.

Attachments

• DF8B9ADA-4BAD-4681-9D47-21415D859BE6.png
    DF8B9ADA-4BAD-4681-9D47-21415D859BE6.png
    728.1 KB · Views: 82
Fished from 6:30am to 1pm. Slow fishing on the north arm this morning, nothing to show for the early morning fishing except for a double header on pinks. So we trolled towards T10 and bagged a couple springs on anchovie about 700m from T10 in 250 feet of water on both rods at 50 and 70 ft (double header). That was it for the spring show (2 bites). Ended up with 2 springs (both 14 lbs and red) and 3 pinks all hooked on anchovies today.

When I gutted one of the spring I found a chovie in the stomach... At first I thought it was feeding on bait fish but then I realize that it has no head... Then I realize that's probably my chovie that he ripped off the teaser head... :rolleyes:

Man I'll take and smoke anyone's pinks they don't want. I'll trade you a finished and vac packed fillet for every two whole fish you give me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back