2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That makes sense. My complex is I want a big red spring (like everyone else). I’ve managed to do well with sockeye last year (which you would hope based on the abundance) and I got a couple big white springs (27 was biggest) at Sandheads. I thought maybe I was just late on getting there for the reds but sounds like I have that wrong. This is why I am on this feed! Looking forward to giving back once I get this dialed in. :).

May largest red ever was about 15lbs so there is a large hole in my ego.
You can always have a read through the archives reports. Lots of good info on timing and locations.

Was out quick this morning to get one last local trip in until September as I am in Hardy this weekend, then leave for tropic star lodge in Panama second week of August and QCl the week after I am home . Anyways it was a mission to see if I could find some pinks up the arm , managed to find a freshish school breezing by around Crocker and put a few in the boat on the light spinning gear before it was back to the dock. The next few weeks is the time to fish them up there before they become stale .

Was out quick this morning to get one last local trip in until September as I am in Hardy this weekend, then leave for tropic star lodge in Panama second week of August and QCl the week after I am home . Anyways it was a mission to see if I could find some pinks up the arm , managed to find a freshish school breezing by around Crocker and put a few in the boat on the light spinning gear before it was back to the dock. The next few weeks is the time to fish them up there before they become stale .[/QUOTE

Sounds like a rough few weeks ahead of ya lol

Fished a few hours after 1:30 yesterday at HITW and got two “just unders” on a white hootchie with green stripe, green flasher at 50 feet. First one came right as I was about to put the second rod down. Dropped a couple crab traps and anchored near Sunset Marina and had a swim. Water was really warm (and clean up there!) lots of crabs but no keepers in one trap and zero in the other. Probably because it was floating. I’m lucky it didn’t float away. Think I’m going to start labeling my ropes lengths!

Wind looks great for Thrasher tomorrow, how does it fish on the low tide . I did great on the high tide last week

I'm gonna hit the Sandheads tommorow cause I just hafta get out this year locally ....I know I know catch and release .....I gotta get rid of 2018 fuel so what's better than a hit of CR if u can't keep em

Run over to Thrasher, burn up that old fuel.
Anyone want to answer my question above please .
Thanks
Depends where you're? The hook(meaning in close along the reef) is still closed to retention pending August 1st announcement. Hook fishes better on the flood.

Totally fair. I mean, you can keep fish that are not contenders (I think??) if you don't call the weigh boat
If it is a one fish quota during the derby. If you kill the fish you are done for the day. Unless they change the rules. Last year it was set up that way. But you could retain 2 I think? So if one didnt make it just retain it. Wouldnt be worth disqualifying yourself for the day. It was super ruff last year weigh boats had tuff time getting to fish call ins. Time factor fish in net put more stress on fish I am sure.

Fished Epsom for 2 hours yesterday on a heavy flood, managed one keeper for dinner, few other bites and couple unders. Will try and get out again today with less water movement.

Update: just got back out and hit one first few minutes, 76cm on chovie

Managed to boat a 2nd, flat calm, all in fairly tight and close to bottom. Can’t ask for any better!

Attachments

• 2CC69B4E-DD96-4A94-B22F-9F49A39C7A26.png
    2CC69B4E-DD96-4A94-B22F-9F49A39C7A26.png
    606.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back