2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got into the pinks today in W. Van. 2 hits and 2 large pinks...60ish on the riggers. One grabbed a chovie and the other a spoon. Both not far from the pink apts. Raincity I didn't see you out there, where were you? Also,this is one of the first times I've tried pinks on the cast iron....woohoo they're awesome....and someone said pinks aren't good. It had the taste of trout, flaky and delicious. Heard smoking them is good as well so may try that with one side.
Did one tac at 8:30 AM from the pink to PA, around the corner and halfway back. Wasn't much of a fish. Nice work on the pinks! We used to slay them on zingers jigging in 20'-40' or water right of the pink.

We got into the pinks today in W. Van. 2 hits and 2 large pinks...60ish on the riggers. One grabbed a chovie and the other a spoon. Both not far from the pink apts. Raincity I didn't see you out there, where were you? Also,this is one of the first times I've tried pinks on the cast iron....woohoo they're awesome....and someone said pinks aren't good. It had the taste of trout, flaky and delicious. Heard smoking them is good as well so may try that with one side.
Agree pinks are delicious fresh problem occurs when you freeze them,meat quality turns very mushy.

Hi everyone, I am new to this area (North Vancouver) having moved here from Victoria (I know, I know). Where is the "pink apartments" that is so often referred to? Thanks a bunch

Hi everyone, I am new to this area (North Vancouver) having moved here from Victoria (I know, I know). Where is the "pink apartments" that is so often referred to? Thanks a bunch
They are west of the Capilano river on the West Van shore line, I think the area is Ambleside but I could be mistaken...

MM

Pink Apartments are a apartment building that is pink. It is about 10-12 storeys high, you can't miss it. The point it is off of is known as Navy Jack Point but everyone pretty much calls it "the pink apartment". Yes it is just off Ambelside Park to the west. Hope that helps, welcome to Vancouver.

Hi Gerry,

There are a bunch of guys from the North Shore on the board here. Fire away if you have any questions about boating and fishing life in these parts, and welcome to the wrong side of the Straits :)

Cheers

Started at 7:30am this morning on the W. Van shoreline. Didn't get a snif so we trolled over to the Bell at about noon and got a line peeler within a short period. After a 15 minute battle we finally got it in the boat, scrappy little 9# chinook (legal). Trolled around for another hour or so and got another pin popper....fought that one for 10 minutes and finally got her in the boat....we were worried she was oversized given the gerth, but nope....15# red at 78cm. Beautiful fish and feeling like the season has officially started. Ran back to W. Van and found a nice 7# pink. Great day in the water and a great start to the Chinook season. Also, chovies are the ticket, except the 15#'er grabbed a cop car skinny g.

Started at 7:30am this morning on the W. Van shoreline. Didn't get a snif so we trolled over to the Bell at about noon and got a line peeler within a short period. After a 15 minute battle we finally got it in the boat, scrappy little 9# chinook (legal). Trolled around for another hour or so and got another pin popper....fought that one for 10 minutes and finally got her in the boat....we were worried she was oversized given the gerth, but nope....15# red at 78cm. Beautiful fish and feeling like the season has officially started. Ran back to W. Van and found a nice 7# pink. Great day in the water and a great start to the Chinook season. Also, chovies are the ticket, except the 15#'er grabbed a cop car skinny g.
Way better than my day. Nice work.

Hi Gerry,

There are a bunch of guys from the North Shore on the board here. Fire away if you have any questions about boating and fishing life in these parts, and welcome to the wrong side of the Straits :)

Cheers
Thanks to all who responded, I am looking forward to getting out on the wrong side and trying my luck. You get spoiled fishing out of Victoria.

Can anyone tell me if high or low tide is better to fish at Thrasher, wind looks good tomorrow ?
Thanks in advance

I seem to do better at the top of the flood these days but that's mostly due to the fact I like to fish structure neat shore I figure, that area included.

If anyone is going out friday you can find me up in 29 1, hope the winds hold SE per the forecast through the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back