2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Trophy79

Trophy79 Active Member

Let me know how you make out bigbruce
    Cheers

2. adanac

adanac Well-Known Member

Just had a completely lights out 2 hours in 600’ off flat tops, nice wave of legal sized fish compared to the hoards of 40 - 50 cm fish yesterday , could basically only fish one rod, hot and heavy 131’

3. oguard

oguard Active Member

Nice day on the water! HITW 1 keeper to the boat a few crab and a great feed of prawns! The keeper broke my heart as it was a little football but it swam away....

Mike

4. seatosky

seatosky Well-Known Member

Double header legal at HITW. 100’ on the riggers, 3.5” glow spoons, sts flasher. Lots another. Not bad for 1.5 hours.

hippaisland likes this.
  5. gonefishen

gonefishen New Member

trying to figure out new restrictions. what I've read not making much sence to me. can we legaly retain any springs anywhere in area 28 or 29. thanx for any clarification.

6. Unreel

Unreel Active Member

No.

7. gonefishen

gonefishen New Member

what are those boats fishen for then?

8. BCRingo

BCRingo Well-Known Member

For Chinooks, it’s Catch and release only.

9. california

california Well-Known Member

You better figure it out quickly. It's not that difficult. If you are fishing in the areas covered by this report( Vancouver, Howe sound or Sechelt) it's non retention of chinook.

Normfish likes this.
  10. BCRingo

Anyone out this morning to give a quick wind report? Thx.

11. Unreel

Unreel Active Member

WindAlert app, shows the current conditions at stations and buoys

BCRingo likes this.
  12. reeltordarius

reeltordarius Active Member

Just a quick report....gas prices in the lower mainland have now hit another record high in North America....wtf....I say there must have been some "collusion" between the DFO and Oil companies with an effort to "interfere" with our saltwater fishery.....and with the recent wind forecasts I'm starting to wonder if mother nature is also against us....:eek:

RBL likes this.
  13. mikeyman

mikeyman Active Member

I dont think you are far off. Throw a pipeline in your equation.

14. hippaisland

hippaisland Active Member

666E63B1-050F-4209-9EED-192CAD4ACCA5.png Had some success fishing the Trail Islands over the weekend while I was up there for the long weekend. Managed to not deep six the little drone off the boat too. All the action came on the herring aid spoon 67-87’ on rigger in 100-150’ water. Biggest was around 12-13#’s(mostly wild) and no bleeders!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  15. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

Carbon tax and lack of approval to build the pipeline. That’s the direct cause.

BcChrome likes this.
  16. cohochinook

cohochinook Well-Known Member

Many of you on this Forum have been calling for a Protest of the Chinook closures announced by DFO last week. I am working with a group of concerned individuals who would like to see the public and media made aware of the impacts and issues of this decision. There will be more information to follow shortly on this Protest, but I wanted to let you know the planned date and time, so everyone will have time to plan to attend. It will be May 1st between 12 and 1 PM outside Fisheries Minister Wilkinson's office located at 102 W 3 Street, North Vancouver.

17. BCRingo

I’ll try to make it if my work schedule permits.

cohochinook likes this.
  18. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

I am away or would attend. Anything post May 7th I am there

cohochinook likes this.
  19. IGotFishues

IGotFishues New Member

So with these native net openings on the Fraser coming up. And the amount of seals I’ve seen in the system already. I’m thinking chinook numbers will still be down and then there will be some scientific political bullshit to keep us Rec guys from fishing. I mean who’s to say dfo won’t close the openings in July. could this closure just be the calm before the storm.!?

20. Red Monster

Red Monster Well-Known Member

On Sunday I didn't have any action fishing HITW, but my boys and I did manage lots of prawns using my new prawn puller!

IMG_0545.JPG

57757722915__248BB2F1-D898-412C-904E-BFA4D3408DC8.JPG