2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. John s

John s Crew Member

Can anyone tell me how the ramp at McDonald beach is at low tide. I want to pull a 26 ft boat out tomorrow around low tide Thanks

Daveroo likes this.
  2. Gramps

Gramps Active Member

IGotFishues likes this.
  3. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

Yes but those aren't BC hatchery fish.....BC/Canada don't seem to care about the hatchery concept going on south of us.

4. SaltyAlice

SaltyAlice Active Member

East hump. 120’ green hoochie

Trophy79 and wildmanyeah like this.
  5. captmike

captmike Active Member

I dinged my duo prop at a 3' low so be careful

6. bigbruce

bigbruce Crew Member

Suit yourself - In the "Restrictions" sections, it says "Individual species limits also apply." Yesterday's FN placed limits on Chinook.

Fishtofino likes this.
  7. Ken J

Ken J Member

The Fisheries Notices are the variation orders to the website info. They take precedence over the basic regulations.

8. wet_coast_kid

wet_coast_kid Member

Given the state of things now, what are our alternatives to fish for? Maybe steelhead or something in the Fraser or bottom fishing in the G.S.? I'm not familiar with fishing other than trolling for Salmon. Any offers of advice would be appreciated...

9. sir-vivor

sir-vivor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't and I have used that ramp for 10 years...and only have a 21 ft ...wait for med tide at least , just my 2 cents

10. Skins88

Skins88 Member

I had to row my 19 footer in on a 3' tide last year. I would avoid low tide for sure.

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

HITW no love this morning but still feels good just being out there.

12. John s

John s Crew Member

Ok thanks for the info.

13. Limitles

Limitles Member

I would guess you need 1. 5 m minimum . Below 1 I paddle m 21 ft flat bottom to barely get it on the trailer

14. mikeyman

mikeyman Active Member

April 21
    week 16 Chinook Stl'atl'imc /
    Ts'kw'aylaxw Fraser R - Texas Creek to Kelly Creek 7
    (daylight only) Monday April 15 05:00 Sunday April 21 22:00*
    (extends into next week) Gill net, Dip net, Angling with Rod & Reel XFSC 78 2019 / XFSC 79 2019
    April 21
    week 16 Chinook Xaxli'p East side of Fraser R - Lillooet between 3 mile & 14 mile 7
    (daylight only) Monday April 15 05:00 Sunday April 21 22:00*
    (extends into next week) Gill net, Dip net, Angling with Rod & Reel XFSC 80 2019

BCRingo and Whitebuck like this.
  15. bigbruce

bigbruce Crew Member

As a member of the uninitiated - what does this mean?

16. mikeyman

mikeyman Active Member

It means there are gill nets in the Fraser scooping up the very fish we have been shut down to protect.

kingblazer84 and Stizzla like this.
  17. ryanb

ryanb Well-Known Member

Yep, and the killing continues unabated.

Stizzla and Daveroo like this.
  18. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

WTF

19. BCRingo

BCRingo Well-Known Member

Why is this even a surprise?
    Dfo’s announcement said “limited FSC opportunities will be provided “
    This is just the beginning of the FSC season. Wait until it gets in full gear.

Stizzla and Unreel like this.
  20. Trophy79

Trophy79 Active Member

What I find interesting with the DFOs decision, is they are really just protecting the WA state fish. At this time of year (April through May) we are really just intercepting States bound fish. Then in mid/late July when we are allowed to start to retain, we are actually catching our local stock...makes no sense to me...if anything, allow us to retain early season and then tighten up come July/August...also shut down the river and all commercial :)

This weekend I had to button up my home renovation, so won’t be out, but pending the winds, I’ll be heading out Friday night and Saturday day; planning on fishing Thrasher...so anyone out that way this week, please let us know how it’s going over there.