2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. 1marko

1marko Active Member

Your killing me chrome...
    Must be stella out there

2. chromie

chromie Member

A bit bumpy now this morning was glass

3. SaltyAlice

SaltyAlice Active Member

Nice work. Using larger spoons/plugs?

4. daddystoy

daddystoy Well-Known Member

I'll give it to you chromie. Got out there late around 11:30 after putting some crab traps down. Tried to make it to the QA. Motored out at 7 to 8 knots through 3 and 4 footers. Turned around and went home. Forecast said it was supposed to calm down to light winds around noon!
    Goddamed Madryga!

wet_coast_kid and Rain City like this.
  5. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

There's your first mistake. :p:p:p

Like a pond out off Tswassen right now.....nice despite being on a ferry.

Rain City likes this.
  6. sweettjim

sweettjim Member

suppose to be worse tomorrow blowing 30 knots im out sunday winds suppose to be better that day

7. wishiniwasfishin1

wishiniwasfishin1 Well-Known Member

And the Big Cat is one shot back at the Masters...couldn't find the golf reports section.

Rain City likes this.
  8. sweettjim

sweettjim Member

Right on

9. Ian wagner

Ian wagner Active Member

How does one in the cooler equal 9

10. reeltordarius

reeltordarius Active Member

Pretty sure he was saying 9 total but only one keeper....but I'm no expert in these matters o_O

Rain City likes this.
  11. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

You do know there is a legal size limit where you can hook up legal fish and lose them and also have to release the undersized ?

Yup....kinda makes sense. Buddy had low teens on Sunday but one legal size in the cooler.

12. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

I saw you! You're nuts!!! Lol. I made one pass at the bell and turned the eff around.

On a side note do you always drop traps way out in 150 feet right in the middle of where guys are fishing? Not trying to be an asshole just wondering if that's such a good spot.

13. 1marko

1marko Active Member

NUTS ..That commander your rockin RC should be rock steady...our are you
    Waiting to have the seagyro installed..
    For the family....or course.
    How are you ever going to make the crossing...:eek:

14. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Yeah no it's fine I rather enjoy it in those conditions. I think the impeller is toast on the kicker so I was running one of the mains which fishes way too fast unless I'm straight into the wind but then that gets pretty laborious trying to maintain a course. When it comes to traveling it's 25 knots hard through that shit, no problemo. His boat looked like it was getting damn near swamped in those 4 footers.

1marko likes this.
  15. Kew

Kew Member

Bit of a late report but caught 11 yesterday with 4 keepers between 9am and noon. Largest was 15 lbs. South Bowen near RC. All different hoochies worked between 110' and 130' on the riggers.

16. daddystoy

daddystoy Well-Known Member

That wouldn't have been me R.C. I came out of the North Arm and hung a left and dropped my traps in 30 feet of water.

I'm in a 70's vintage 18.5 foot Double Eagle with that classic avacado colored deck and a green soft top.

wet_coast_kid and Rain City like this.
  17. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Oh yeah definitely not you then.

18. SaltyAlice

SaltyAlice Active Member

10/10 Salty Alices do not recommend working South Bowen right now. Got there around 7:45 but it got real lumpy and conflicted; like my body after a big night at the pub with too many nachos. Trying QA now where the seas are less feisty.

Saratoga and Rain City like this.
  19. ab1752

ab1752 Well-Known Member

Nice work, boys I got to spend the last 2 days fighting a power steering pump, bracket and now a new alternator. If anyone wants to buy a Volvo 320 hp gxi with a new dp leg in 2016 this shit is coming out in the fall. Meanwhile hope to push off early this week finally!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  20. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Dislike. That sucks. Podding it?