2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced my motor to the newer high power and was blowing fuses, I put a 40amp in but am concerned about the gauge of wire. Did anybody else change out their wiring to the Scotty plugs? Thanks in advance

I have the newer high torque motor and have a 40amp fuse on 12gauge wire. Never blown fuse. Remember the heat generated in a wire is a factor of both the wire gauge and return length. If you scotty lines aren't very long, which they shouldn't be, and they are at least 12gauge or better, you should have no problems with a 40amp fuse.

fished the falls and grace today four undersize and lost two started snowing while we were out there managed 20 prawns few were female with eggs which we released

After 15 years of river fishing, this ocean geography is new to me.
Where are "the falls" and "grace" ?

After 15 years of river fishing, this ocean geography is new to me.
Where are "the falls" and "grace" ?
Falls are just north of tunstall along the west side of Bowen. Grace Islands they’re referring to. Southwest corner off Gambier.

Attachments

• 55434125-6698-40CB-8639-B4358AAECA72.png
    55434125-6698-40CB-8639-B4358AAECA72.png
    966.2 KB · Views: 180
Windy app lies... today at least. I’ve got occasional water coming over the bow between the North Arm and Bowen because of a beefy Howe Sound outflow. Steep waves with a quick frequency = gross. Probably going to turn around. Stay safe out there!

Attachments

• 708AC525-9AD9-41BE-A501-E4F40517FAA3.jpeg
    708AC525-9AD9-41BE-A501-E4F40517FAA3.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 218
Windy app lies... today at least. I’ve got occasional water coming over the bow between the North Arm and Bowen because of a beefy Howe Sound outflow. Steep waves with a quick frequency = gross. Probably going to turn around. Stay safe out there!
wow that looks nasty - stay safe and make sure that pfd is on ;)

Thanks for posting. I checked windy also and was just about to hook up the trailer when I checked this.

Stay safe man. Definitely a washing machine though that stretch with the right wind and tides. Should die down after lunch.
From what I can see on windfinder that looks about right IMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191229-104559_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191229-104559_Chrome.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 173
Well there is lots of chovies out there in WR for sure and they have been there for 6 weeks. Quite the show. I work out there and there is more people down these days to see the show than the nicest days of summer go figure.
The area these schools are located in is really shallow only 1-3 feet deep so I dont there there are too many salmon around . Perhaps there a few out past the drop off who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back