2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Excuse my ignorance here, but I know where QB marker is but have no idea where the 1st and 2nd mile markers are?
As long as weather holds will be heading out Saturday and will give this a try..
Ignorance is why these forums exist. You're all good.

Out front of Jericho beach.

A question regarding parwinig.
I see lot's of ads on craiglist that some guys selling commertal traps. Is it allowed to use those traps for recreational prawning or not? Couldn't find anything saying no.

I see lot's of ads on craiglist that some guys selling commertal traps. Is it allowed to use those traps for recreational prawning or not? Couldn't find anything saying no.
Yes you can. Commie traps have a bigger mesh size is the only real difference I know of

I have 8 almost brand new ones for sale. I added 6lb of lead to each so they're now 18lb. Used them twice but I ended up getting some even bigger ones off a buddy. I paid $85 from a craigslist guy and added $25 worth of lead in each. Since they're now used I'd sell them all for $600.

I have 8 almost brand new ones for sale. I added 6lb of lead to each so they're now 18lb. Used them twice but I ended up getting some even bigger ones off a buddy. I paid $85 from a craigslist guy and added $25 worth of lead in each. Since they're now used I'd sell them all for $600.
upload_2019-11-28_16-24-20.png

:D:D:D

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-28_16-24-20.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-28_16-24-20.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 48
Okay, so was planning to try fishing freighters tomorrow (for my first time), but am second guessing myself. Not sure if I should be doing Tunstal/Grace/Hutt instead. Any thoughts?

Okay, so was planning to try fishing freighters tomorrow (for my first time), but am second guessing myself. Not sure if I should be doing Tunstal/Grace/Hutt instead. Any thoughts?
I would definitely stop at the freighters if there are active birds, and then look for bait on the sounder, if there's bait give it a shot. Personally I love the mile markers, easy on the gas bill as well....

Opps. Tunstall bay. 140’ of water, troll counter clockwise in a big circle and drag the bottom.

Freighters today for a few hrs. Not much bait and no hits. A few scattered pockets where bait was hugging bottom. Tried south bowen for a bit and no takers either. Certain areas were pretty rough due to the gale system coming down from howe sound.

Saw a guy solo in a 20ft aluminum who seemed like he was having issues with motor. Idled near his boat for 15 mins until he was able to get it started. It ran but was running rough. He was able to make it back to the dock. Make sure your boats are tuned up and properly maintained during these cold winter months if you plan on going out. It's very cold nowadays and not a lot of boats out on the water during the winter months to provide assistance. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back