2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are 138 pages on this so called fishing report thread .. of those 138 pages, a max of 5 may be fishing related, the rest are just so much BS
ADMIN can we clean up for next year ?

there are 138 pages on this so called fishing report thread .. of those 138 pages, a max of 5 may be fishing related, the rest are just so much BS
ADMIN can we clean up for next year ?

ADMIN.....can we ask part time to post up some reports of his own as opposed to bitching about others not giving him enough info as to where to fish? 138 pages and not a report to be found....even in those particular 5 pages of reports. :p:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Part time, if catching fish and getting solid intel on where the fish are and nothing else is the "only" thing you are after, I suggest you shell over $1000 and hire one of the local charter companies... They will get fish in the net and they know exactly where to go... much better option for you. I suggest you remove your account on this forum as the 138 threads are full of useless BS information as you have nicely pointed out.

As for what I am here for... yes I am here for the fishing reports and intel as well.. However, the sport of fishing is not just about catching fish and extracting intel out of others without contributing back in return.. I find the "off topic" posts to be a nice break when the fishing is slow and is at least something to read rather than nothing for days and days due to it being off season. This forum to me is about helping others get the best experience possible out on the water and that doesn't only have to do with fishing reports... Perhaps some info on safety, maintenance, or a random topic is sometimes refreshing to me... as long as it doesn't run on or contain offensive content.

My account is relatively new, only a few months in.. but when I am out and I am successful or unsuccessful, I try my best to take a few mins to post to let other know. It's about sharing in the same sport we all love to enjoy... catching fish is a bonus... Hell, if catching fish was the #1 priority, NONE of us would own a boat. We would go down granville island or to steveston and buy all the fish we can load into our cars as that would be much cheaper than owning a boat and spending thousands of dollars each year on maintenance and repairs to catch a handful of fish and a few dozen crabs each year.

Lastly, the true essence of sport fishing, in my opinion is summed up with 1 word, "Respect". It's something including myself, we all need to improve on. Respecting others opinions... respecting the fact that everyone at some point in their life is a NOOB fisherman/boat owner. So rather than laugh or shake your head at someone having difficulties at the dock or launching their boat, take a few mins out of your day and give them some advice. Rather than waiting for the other boat to change course when you are headed towards each other while trolling, take the initiative and adjust your coarse.. I've seen it too many times when both parties refuse to be the first to change course because they think they have the right of way...

While I do often see respect while on the water, I also see a lot of disrespect and carelessness...

Last edited:
Anyway I'm hearing of some winters being bonked in Howe sound so the plan is to push off and poke around grace and around the bend this weekend. I'd likentkngo tomorrow but I am not stoked about heading out into a 25 knot NW around Lighthouse but we will see how it goes.

Btw I just crossed the bridge and it's super calm (no more of that plate stuff dont want to get banned) who's heading out today???

Last edited:
Anyway I'm hearing of some winters being bonked in Howe sound so the plan is to push off and poke around grace and around the bend this weekend. I'd likentkngo tomorrow but I am not stoked about heading out into a 25 knot NW around Lighthouse but we will see how it goes.

Btw I just crossed the bridge and it's super calm (no more of that plate stuff dont want to get banned) who's heading out today???
Hey ab1752. Thanks for the post. I am new on here. Just got a boat and am moored our at Sewells. I know where Grace Islands are but where is “around the bend”? Guessing spoons and hootchies for this time of year? Any help is appreciated by the NOOB. Lol

Hey ab1752. Thanks for the post. I am new on here. Just got a boat and am moored our at Sewells. I know where Grace Islands are but where is “around the bend”? Guessing spoons and hootchies for this time of year? Any help is appreciated by the NOOB. Lol

Hug bottom, glow spoons or hoochies maybe even bright glow brine some bait never know.. :p

I recommend playing cards and having a good heater. It's a great time of year for enjoying some ocean air. Typically if you're following a report from the day before they're not there the next day. Like was said above bounce bottom with lots of glow stuff. I fish FAST this time of year to cover ground. Also try some dummy flashers or kone zones with naked spoons. And stack stack stack. These fish typically go on one small run then straight back at you so no worries about tangles. Cover the whole column. I like to start at the Hump straight out from Roger Curtis and then fish towards it. Then loop into Tunstal and just keep heading North. Sometimes I'll make it all the way to grace without so much as a nibble and I'd still rather be doing that then watching football in a dark bar like most of my friends this time of year.

I recommend playing cards and having a good heater. It's a great time of year for enjoying some ocean air. Typically if you're following a report from the day before they're not there the next day. Like was said above bounce bottom with lots of glow stuff. I fish FAST this time of year to cover ground. Also try some dummy flashers or kone zones with naked spoons. And stack stack stack. These fish typically go on one small run then straight back at you so no worries about tangles. Cover the whole column. I like to start at the Hump straight out from Roger Curtis and then fish towards it. Then loop into Tunstal and just keep heading North. Sometimes I'll make it all the way to grace without so much as a nibble and I'd still rather be doing that then watching football in a dark bar like most of my friends this time of year.
Thanks all for the info. Will be heading out on Sunday to try my luck. Will post if I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back