2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came in at 430. Mine has no tender anymore and the canvas in top just rolled up. I think I saw the guy you're talking about putt by me at QA

Ah roger that. Sounds like I missed ya and it was another 30 Commander. Next time then. Glad to see you are getting usage of the new boat.

Well after a brief searun and a snapped
steering cable I'm ready to go for tomorrow.... by all accounts QA and
RC sounds to be the best bet .
Wish us luck and see u out there.

Cheers marko

Out between bell and QA. Can’t believe the bait. Few seals couple of porpoises but no fish yet. Anyone else?

Marked loads of bait along with dolphins and seals coming out the north arm, but decided to try the hump. No action yet but it is gorgeous out here. Getting a bit of algae here and there. Will post if I get any action here.

Marked loads of bait along with dolphins and seals coming out the north arm, but decided to try the hump. No action yet but it is gorgeous out here. Getting a bit of algae here and there. Will post if I get any action here.
2 undersized @ the Hump.

What depth
200-250 on the riggers. Probably more like 100’ as my boat trolls fast.....

Update. 3 more undersized. They’ve come up a little. I had one hit on the surface while I was untangling a mess.

Last edited:
24 hours made a big difference at the Bell Buoy for me. Two quick fish yeaterday - hero; no fish today with much better half - zero, Tons of bait today but only two undersized for us and we didn’tt see a single net out. Redemption was the weather and lunch at the dock afterwards ... a great day overall.

Decided to make a quick run from the Hump over to Thrasher as it was so glassy. Glad I did! 150’ in 500’ of water with 3.5 Herring Aid and green glow flasher. Some huge bait in her stomach so perhaps larger spoons are in order. Beauty day out. Algae at both hump and Thrasher; I don’t recall algae showing up on my lines last year until later in May so perhaps this is a different bloom.

Attachments

• A7F2B181-7353-494E-82A4-34ED61E1A39E.jpeg
    A7F2B181-7353-494E-82A4-34ED61E1A39E.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back