2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of action out there today on the flood tide between noon and three then got quiet for about an hour and picked up again.
Saw lots of boats landing fish especially off the red can.
Just the one 15lb spring for us and lots of pinks.
Had a couple of double headers and a triple as well.
Best September fishing I've seen in years!

Fished from 240pm to 7pm today. Bagged one fish (11.3 lbs, red) near T10 as we just just dropped gear to 70 lb on the rigger in 250 ft of water. Then it went quiet for a while. Had another bite while pulling to check gear for about 4 seconds (reel was screaming, thought it was a seal, maybe it was?) and then it spit it out. Overall it was a slow day but water was flat calm and it was a beautiful day and sunset.

Attachments

• fishing Sept 7_19.JPG
    fishing Sept 7_19.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 38
Early Morning fish yesterday hit T10 very spotty, water just flattened right out so i hit the south arm.. some good fishing down there
holy boats ... bait , finally some beautiful marbled spring for some peppered white smoked salmon broke it down right away
pretty chunky fish
A93D85A8-CE16-4AAC-8AF4-862D3C34D217.JPG

2EC53370-E643-4EA8-8E3F-DBB24F0D22BA.JPG
95F7EADB-6DC2-4033-91C3-48FE4A78A114.JPG

Last edited:
Well I’m glad you guys all had good days yesterday! No spring love for me. Sandheads in and out of the pack from 12-4 yesterday... mostly bait and trying 40-90 on the riggers. Let the boy reel in the pinks and he went 1 for 2. Both were on the surface rod out the back, just with a 12oz weight probably only 20’ down. So not a single hit on the riggers! Days like that make you feel like what the hell is wrong with me. Lol.
But he told his grandpa all night how awesome it was to catch his first salmon so to him I guess it was like a nice spring to me. (Trying to make myself feel better...)

Also very slow for me yesterday. Started at t10 for 2 hours. Nothing going on moved to sandheads. Only one pink at sandheads. Didn’t see many nets out but lots of pinks jumping. Don’t think I saw anyone hooking springs. Moved to the cap for an hour at the flood tide. No action either.

Resized_20190907_113342_4624.jpeg What a morning yesterday around N/A!!! ... "FINALLY" convinced my wife who enjoys fishing, lakes that is to try the ocean Well it's been 3 yrs trying .. had to insure her no Great Whites, KW or even Ogopogo's will attack us!!! o_O Anyhow nervous how my new helper will react to landing a wee Nooki .. Well it was a challenge but we got her in Mrs got the "Great White Nooki" on her first net!!! Lots on yesterday .. 1 home and what success ... I hooked my biggest ... the MRS!!! :):):)

View attachment 47757 What a morning yesterday around N/A!!! ... "FINALLY" convinced my wife who enjoys fishing, lakes that is to try the ocean Well it's been 3 yrs trying .. had to insure her no Great Whites, KW or even Ogopogo's will attack us!!! o_O Anyhow nervous how my new helper will react to landing a wee Nooki .. Well it was a challenge but we got her in Mrs got the "Great White Nooki" on her first net!!! Lots on yesterday .. 1 home and what success ... I hooked my biggest ... the MRS!!! :):):)

Congratulations nice fish

Looks like Dorf on fishing!

We counted 150 boats within eyesight at Sandheads yesterday!
Our spring was the 2nd we caught in the last couple of weeks on a whitehead squirt!
Forgot to mention while heading out I see a boat heading in and see his net blowing in the wind and realized we forgot our net!! Had to decide if we'd take a chance of gaffing fish or spring for a spare net. Seeing as it was just me and the wife decided to go the new net option...always good to have a second one anyway I figured.
Decided to stop into Pacific Net and Twine in Stevenson and the guy there said I was the third guy in the last two days in the same situation. Gave me $11 discount on an $88 net which he didn't have to so I was much appreciative.
What a great guy and great shop!
Hadn't been there before but will return for sure when I'm in the area.

Last edited:
Ya, we’ve had good success with n no mans land this year but sounder is dead so we picked up and moved south.
I hear ya... i'm finding you have to find the hot spot, anything in between will be slow one here on there, i stopped doing the long trolls of
we will catch one on the way... plus it's nice travelling around wot to different area's fresh air fresh start...

Had an adventurous morning around UBC. Out there about 8:30am. Had a nice fish on within the first hour but lost it. Then the engine died. Yikes. Spent the next few hours hours floating around. We finally got it going...corroded wire. I’m still on a Ofer for the year! (3 trips) Will keep at it but man my old hobby golf is looking more attractive. Ugg. Next sat morn will be out again. Sounds like you guys are landing lots! It keeps me motivated. Keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back