2019 Sooke Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Sooke

2. Saxe Point

Saxe Point Well-Known Member

Caught a nice 25 pound halibut in 210 feet of water today. Very slow currents, no wind and beautiful sunshine. Didn’t even see another recreational boat fishing.

Old Seadog, Stizzla, kaelc and 4 others like this.
  3. Original

Original Well-Known Member

4. Hookedup

Hookedup New Member

So what this is saying that with all that glacial melt we've gone up in salinity a bit....weird...and water temperatures havent really fluctuated that much? Forget Mars let's just build underwater.

Original likes this.
  5. Englishman

Englishman Well-Known Member

Very hard to read this by eye. It really needs to be plotted on a graph. However, in my opinion you may be right about salinity not showing much of a trend. No surprise there as that has not been reported a great deal in the scientific literature. What has been recorded everywhere is rising acidity, which is not recorded here and sea surface temperature rising. I can clearly observe a small but steady rise in sea temperature, especially in June, July and August. Plot those on a graph and take a look......

6. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

It’s all graphed In this report

https://waves-vagues.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/Library/344919.pdf

Original likes this.
  7. Newf

Newf Crew Member

Out at Pedder today. Trolled for a couple of hours in the morning and nothing but a little shaker. On the hook by noon and my buddy landed 1 dog, 1 ratfish and then around 2pm he landed a 30 lb hali while all I had was one little nibble. Lucky I had my buddy today. Picked up 5 nice crab on the way in. Great day on the water.

Original and Adler like this.
  8. Newf

Newf Crew Member

Found this yesterday in a kelp bed outside of Pedder bay. Looks like it's a commercial set-up but markings are not clear enough to make out who own's it. Here for pickup if someone on here owns it.

IMG_6486.JPG