Status
Not open for further replies.
They passed by the fraser yesterday at lightning speed and did not even stop to eat, guess all the pinks scared them off. :rolleyes:

Out at 630 am to trap rolled bait and found a high and low teen spring in about an hour. Didn’t see any others caught at that time so call it luck. Hit a couple pink as well so after limiting Springs went out to 250 and found steady pink action from 50-100 on rigger. 50-50 between spoon and pink hootchie. Hit a good one around 930 at 83 on the hootchie but after a couple runs thought I lost it but nope no hootchie broke off. Best season for us in the last 10 years for sure. Whales went east by head around 10

fished 7am to12pm spoons and hootchies around secretary ...no springs but 12 pinks ,our limit smooth seas , raining , when leaving.....C.A.

Took a couple of friends out this morning that don’t get on the water often. 8-2:00pm. Picked up 8 and 12lb spring and their limit of pinks. Nothing big but they were happy campers. Always great when you can treat friends to a day on the water and they get to take home a bit of meat.

First time out fishing Sooke this year. Fished 6:30-14:00 off Secretary and got 3 springs in the low teens and 12 pinks. Kids had a blast!

Watched 4 cruise into Pedder Bay last night around 8pm. Looked like 2 young ones with 2 Adults.
Yeah that was pretty cool. They ripped through Pedder Bay looking like they where in a mission for Seals as they where not Residents.

Last edited:
They are on a mission: a mission from god! Blessed be the transients!
as mentioned, just as likely they are the residents as it sounds like they are all back in local waters now and have been for a few days....guess question is, was fishing done when they came through or were the fish still biting? lol

So a little story here........ out to sooke with my son this morning at 5 am..... main won't trim down.....,worked fine like 2 days ago but boy has been at cold lake all summer and damned if I'm not going to get him into some fish. We Head out on kicker and put in at line at possession. Do the secretary thing and down to the trap and back. 3 fish all around 20 down deepish on chovy.....lots of pinks mixed in. 2 nice reds bonked. Had a nice BBQ on the water and a really nice morning.

So a little story here........ out to sooke with my son this morning at 5 am..... main won't trim down.....,worked fine like 2 days ago but boy has been at cold lake all summer and damned if I'm not going to get him into some fish. We Head out on kicker and put in at line at possession. Do the secretary thing and down to the trap and back. 3 fish all around 20 down deepish on chovy.....lots of pinks mixed in. 2 nice reds bonked. Had a nice BBQ on the water and a really nice morning.
Nice going D
Stosh

If your boy is going to be around that country much get in touch with me maybe I’ll get him out for a Lake Trout fish if he’s interested. I’ll be home mid next week I’m thinking of dropping the boat in for a good fresh water run wouldn’t mind trying for some fat fall lakers.

Thanks for the offer, he did get out fishing but was pretty busy as he had an instructing job at 4 wing for the summer.
He's home now, got my best deckhand back :)

Great morning with the wife fishing this morning in East Sooke. We dropped out line just after 8:30 and landed double headers by 8:45, back at the dock for 9:15 having beers. Red 22 & 16 lb right off the point at Aldridge using Green A/P Spoon with a Bon Chovy Flashers and bloody nose teaser head with Solid Green flasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back