2019 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you were Photo Shopping the fish to make them bigger you could of at least turned the pictures the right way.....lol
I take no responsibility for the sideways pics. These are the real deal... I have blood everywhere to prove it!

I looked around after the chaos and total elation and seen abset of binos on me and probably a half dozen boats in the vicinity. My buddy that works the docks and busted his butt to set up the event said he received a phone call that evening by one the entrants complaining that I must have cheated somehow...that there was no way I could've been first fish weighed in this and last year....funny and sad. To that I say " peanut butter and jelly bro?" Or...........View attachment 44085
Good for you on your repeat success. Hopefully you won't get banned from that derby like i have been with our local derby. I guess winning 9 times in 27 years was too much?

Well done Stizzla you're off to a great start this year. It won't be long and you'll have a couple 20 lb ers in the boat.
Not to derail but are we under restrictions on size for wild or hatch Chinook? Max 67 cm?
I swear I read those regs and they change in my mind every time. Looking at area 19 both Sidney & Vic

Well done Stizzla you're off to a great start this year. It won't be long and you'll have a couple 20 lb ers in the boat.
Not to derail but are we under restrictions on size for wild or hatch Chinook? Max 67 cm?
I swear I read those regs and they change in my mind every time. Looking at area 19 both Sidney & Vic
no that’s Vic area 19-3 19-4 , 19-6,19-5 is still min 62cm 2 per day

So 18-26 inch or 45-67 cm wild? And one oversized hatch 67+

Attachments

• IMG_1363.PNG
    IMG_1363.PNG
    538.2 KB · Views: 16
That’s 19-1 through 19-4 which ends at cadboro point. Up in 19-6 it’s always minimum 62 and the wacky slot sizes come in June. Keep 2 one has to be 62-67 and then July keep 2 between 62 & 87

You think it sounds confusing, try reading it upside down and blurry
F6A2515B-39B0-4A14-8067-0B618428118A.png

Todays report:
Hit the water today. Not a sniff at Coal at the morning tide change. Landed a 9lb'r at Wain on a chovie.

FYI for TULISTA BOAT LAUNCH users... Like usual this time of year, there is only 1 dock next to the rock breakwater. The other dock closer to the ferry gets put in month or so.
I guess due to the storms, lots of sand and gravel has washed on top of the concrete launch pad. In turn, at low tide, the ramp is a bit flat and has very deep gravel/sand. Had to winch it on to the bunks at a 3.5 foot tide. (normally only do that on a 1 foot tide) A 4X4 is almost a must at a low tide so you don't sink into the sand and have a stuck truck with an incoming tide.
Hope this helps someone out.

Last edited:
I was also at Coal and Fairfax for a bit yesterday. Released a clipped one about 7 or 8 lbs at Fairfax and that was it. What a day though!

Ap sandlance ofc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back