2019 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reports? A friend of mine said Fairfax has been decent for winter springs the last 2 weeks. There should be good numbers of feeders showing up soon. Prawning is still excellent in satellite channel. Has anyone tried for hali lately?

Is that Bazen (?spelling) bay I worked in Sidney yesterday and when I do I always drive out that way . And boy did it look rough. Are there still searun cutties there? My distracted driving is looking for rises

Out for a quick boat ride down Sidney Channel. Released one around 23 inches and hat was it. December can produce just going to have start looking for them.

Tried one last shot for Halibut today south of D’arcy and once again did my part for conservation of the species. Beautiful day though!

Had Christmas brunch yesterday morning with me niece and nephew and their little ones in Victoria. Driving home the flat sunny waters were calling for a boat ride. Went out for a late afternoon fish down the Channel solo and hit a half dozen unders and finally a nice 8lbr for dinner. Pulled the pin and went home. Had a piece for dinner tonight and remaining fish to family and older neighbours that love and respect fresh salmon.

Calm waters and a fair amount of rain today. I decided to stay close to home and did a few laps around coal island area. 3 hits over a short period of time and only hooked one. It was a little under. Hit a patented Stizzla tangle and snipped everything and called it a day:
0201E11E-5FBB-4A5F-97ED-471611DFC375.jpeg

Got my one keeper dungee and back to the launch I went... where I had to move 2/3 of a forest to get my boat out!

41737422-53A4-4ED6-BA3D-6AB8B8705580.jpeg

still love me some fishing!!!!

Tried some prawning today and it was pretty darn good. Lots of debris in the water so if you go out be careful.

Got out for the morning today and elected to drop a couple of crab traps at the spit and troll around James island/powder wharf with a bud and his out of town GF.
Got about a dozen jacks in 3 hrs and called it quits. Nice to see her get her first salmon, even tho it was 4 lbs (ish)
my non retention streak has got to be approaching 25hrs spanning over about 10 outings. I’ve got a serious case of the skunkies!!!
Crab traps were full with a few nice male dungees in each.
To add some Stizzification to this report: I lost a couple of flasher and spoons. one to a sunken crab trap and then immediately one more by dropping one in the ocean as I was attempting to put a new one on.
Then at the launch I “jumped over” my trailer tongue while hooking up the boat and ate $h!t on the launch. My hand is now covered in bleeding road rash.
Still a damn good day in this guy’s books!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back