2019 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The popemobile is ready to go! Re-did the wiring and added a remote throttle for the kicker. Ill post a report soon, I also havent caught a fish this entire year!!

Lost my first fish if the year today! Had an invite from the father in - law to go out for a couple hours this afternoon. Did some jigging around powder wharf today - 100ft deep or +/- Didn't feel terribly big, but at least is a fish.download_20190102_082451.jpg

Last edited:
@persistent and I went out New Year's day, figured we should start 2019 off right. We had a lot of action in Sidney channel (again), but this time no keepers. In 4 hours we probably had 15-20 small springs from the bottom. Most looked between 50-60cm, a few really small ones. If they stick around and grow a bit more, January-March should be a lot of fun around here this year!

First trip out for the year! Good news is everything in the boat works perfectly after redoing the wiring and installing a servo for digital throttle control. Gooder news is there are some keepers out there! Tubbed out in an hour in Sidney Channel with a couple 8lbers on an AP sandlance right on the bottom. No shakers, just 2 bites followed by 2 bonks. Both hatchery!

First trip out for the year! Good news is everything in the boat works perfectly after redoing the wiring and installing a servo for digital throttle control. Gooder news is there are some keepers out there! Tubbed out in an hour in Sidney Channel with a couple 8lbers on an AP sandlance right on the bottom. No shakers, just 2 bites followed by 2 bonks. Both hatchery!

I installed a remote throttle last year. Best (easily affordable) mod yet! You're gonna love it.

Released 3 small fish this morning, no keepers. Didnt stay out long, but there was some scattered bait showing around Fairfax and Coal.

fished for a few hours yesterday with succes close to bottom at fairfax. 7 and 11 pound beautiful winters. felt like spring weather out there

Attachments

• D76FB65F-3F05-4FBE-B0F3-719B6E63BFC0.jpeg
    D76FB65F-3F05-4FBE-B0F3-719B6E63BFC0.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 86
Out today from 10:15 to 2:30. Three fish in quick succession in the channel, just south of the red buoy. Biggest was 58cm so back they all went. Then the ride started to rip so ran to Coal but nothing was going on.
Trolled past sidney on the way home. Could not argue with the weather! Just spectacular.

Winning combos were
Chartreuse flasher and blue/glow small Hammer
Glow Durabait needlefish and Blue hotspot

Fished south of powder wharf for a couple hours around tide change this morning. Released about 15 or so just undersized.Had one nice pin popper on but lost it before getting a look at it. Gold nugget skinny g w/ herring aid glow flasher was the hot combo

I think more of the same results from Nolan and his company. I was invited out by 4 of you guys but sorry I couldn’t attend. Glad you hooked up a bunch, and also glad the weather was top notch, but too bad no tasty meat!

Took the boat out for the first fish of the year today. Decided to check out Sidney area today since I have never fished out that way before. Spent sometime just cruising around and checked out some of the gulf island parks. Weather was awesome !!!!

Fished Coal early for an hour and then headed to Fairfax until around noon. Got one undersized fish to the boat, but things were slow. Didn’t see anyone else getting anything either.

Sounds like most of the fish have been concentrated in Sidney channel. I assume guys fish the red can off Sidney spit to the warf on the back side of James and this is the powder warf ? Saw a few boats in that area.

Just curious what others think of the Sidney area vs the waterfront/ Constance / whirl bay for consistent fish ? I live closer to Fleming beach so anywhere out of there is convient, but think Sidney may have some larger fish around right now.

Took the boat out for the first fish of the year today. Decided to check out Sidney area today since I have never fished out that way before. Spent sometime just cruising around and checked out some of the gulf island parks. Weather was awesome !!!!

Fished Coal early for an hour and then headed to Fairfax until around noon. Got one undersized fish to the boat, but things were slow. Didn’t see anyone else getting anything either.

Sounds like most of the fish have been concentrated in Sidney channel. I assume guys fish the red can off Sidney spit to the warf on the back side of James and this is the powder warf ? Saw a few boats in that area.

Just curious what others think of the Sidney area vs the waterfront/ Constance / whirl bay for consistent fish ? I live closer to Fleming beach so anywhere out of there is convient, but think Sidney may have some larger fish around right now.
you are correct on red can/powder warf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back