2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi: I am looking to come up to the area for week of July 15th, just wondering what the salmon and prawning fishing is like around that time? Any other fish to target? Crab? Any information would be appreciated, would like to visit a part of the coast I have never fished. Cheers!

If we’re allowed, chinook fishing should be good at that time. I wouldn’t even bring your prawn gear up, it will have been hit hard by the commercial fleet. Could be some coho’s showing up around then as well.

Hey, if anyone is shrimping around sechelt and are willing to part with some of their catch msg me! Would be great to get some fresh caught prawns!
Just a reminder..it is illegal to buy or sell fish or prawns caught with a Sport / Recreational license, unless a good friend or neighbour is sharing some for free..hard to get some. Commerical spot prawning will be open soon and you can buy them at few places on the coast in Gibsons and Pender.

Not much luck on prawns last weekend, 6 caught in 3 sets. Got a coho whilst letting traps soak. Nice weather, better than forecast. Spring closure was stunning, lotta sad faces around the docks. This will have a lot of effect on local economy.

Hey all, Heading up to Egmont for the long weekend and bringing the boat. Was hoping I could get some tips on where to go for some bottom fish or crabs and even some catch and release Chinook! Any info would be greatly appreciated as I've never fished in this area. Thanks in advance!

After a full shift both days this weekend prawning, crabbing and bottomfishing, I can tell you the area is pretty spent already. Tons of under sized lings and 1 keeper, prawning was tough with the commercial guys doing their thing, and crabbing was dismal with my past spots turning up empty handed and lost a pot.

Sorry man, dont mean to be a Negative Nancy, but its tough out there right now with everyone trying to get their share of whats allowed. Going to have to hit your charts and try out of the way spots to have any luck.

For C&R springs you can fish right out of Egmont accross from the mouth of the skookumchuck, I forget the name of the point.

Good luck, the area is beautiful and the area is amazing to explore despite the current state of affairs.

After a full shift both days this weekend prawning, crabbing and bottomfishing, I can tell you the area is pretty spent already. Tons of under sized lings and 1 keeper, prawning was tough with the commercial guys doing their thing, and crabbing was dismal with my past spots turning up empty handed and lost a pot.

Sorry man, dont mean to be a Negative Nancy, but its tough out there right now with everyone trying to get their share of whats allowed. Going to have to hit your charts and try out of the way spots to have any luck.

For C&R springs you can fish right out of Egmont accross from the mouth of the skookumchuck, I forget the name of the point.

Good luck, the area is beautiful and the area is amazing to explore despite the current state of affairs.

Nahh not negative man, I've been up thru that area a few years ago and it is AMAZING! Super pumped just to get away for the weekend and cruise around the inlets. I figure it can never hurt to try for a linger for a meal while away but I won't be bummed if it doesn't happen. As for the CandR I'm just gunna troll close to shore without flashers and see if I can get one to the go after it. More about there rest and relaxation for this trip. Nootka end of July!

Last edited:
Nahh not negative man, I've been up thru that area a few years ago and it is AMAZING! Super pumped just to get away for the weekend and cruise around the inlets. I figure it can never hurt to try for a linger for a meal while away but I won't be bummed if it doesn't happen. As for the CandR I'm just gunna troll close to shore without flashers and see if I can get one to the go after it. More about there rest and relaxation for this trip. Nootka end of July!

Thats the kind of positivity thatll get you into some fish tacos and maybe even a few handshakes from some chromers. Good luck up there!

I was catching pinks in Jervis two years ago from mid May on. They should be showing up now. Watch for fish running fairly shallow on the sounder. Might be some tasty Pink salmon. We found them anywhere from 60 to 180', but mostly less than 100'.

I was catching pinks in Jervis two years ago from mid May on. They should be showing up now. Watch for fish running fairly shallow on the sounder. Might be some tasty Pink salmon. We found them anywhere from 60 to 180', but mostly less than 100'.

Interesting for sure, and worth a try! Thanks!

Little late with the report but fished Egmont over the long weekend and it was awesome! 6 CandR springs on spoons (irish cream no bananas full size) no flasher. Also tagged a nice keeper ling on the troll! Great weather until the Monday and swimming up in Jervis Inlet. Summer is here1

Great to hear it, I'm running the boat up this weekend and will be around south texada Saturday and Sunday. Really looking forward to it, fishing without being able to hear sirens and the sounds of the city is unbeatable.

Great to hear it, I'm running the boat up this weekend and will be around south texada Saturday and Sunday. Really looking forward to it, fishing without being able to hear sirens and the sounds of the city is unbeatable.

Heard from a local that the coho are running up around Texada!

Any recent reports from Upwood, thinking to run over tonight from French Creek and spend the night somewhere. Anyone know if coho is open tomorrow?

Has some great fishing off south end of Texada, released one close to 20 I’d say another about 12. 2 more big hits that we never got to the boat, had my boy 7 play most of the fish. A bunch more smaller ones and one we didn’t see. Herring aid had good action and top producer was a white needle fish hootchy. Picked up some nice lings also. Setting into the new zones, spent the night at secret cove, nice spot.

Has some great fishing off south end of Texada, released one close to 20 I’d say another about 12. 2 more big hits that we never got to the boat, had my boy 7 play most of the fish. A bunch more smaller ones and one we didn’t see. Herring aid had good action and top producer was a white needle fish hootchy. Picked up some nice lings also. Setting into the new zones, spent the night at secret cove, nice spot.
Did you find moorage for the night? We've anchored in smugglers right beside secret a few times. Great prawning close by as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back