2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fished on Sunday all the way from Sarah Point to Epsom including the Pilings and Upwood. I had no big hits at all, just lots of shakers. If I was up there I would give the Pilings a shot or Bjerre I know fish have been picked up. I had whales go through around Sarah Point on Saturday and it was super quiet for the next 24 hours.

Thanks, where exactly are the "pilings", is this at entrance to Aggamendon Channel?

Thanks, where exactly are the "pilings", is this at entrance to Aggamendon Channel?

Easy to spot they're on the east side of texadaabout 1/3 rd to the top just look for the power lines that cut across the island. You want to work the shoreline in front. Aside for the power lines it's a beautiful spot.

Went out this evening on the Shoals, beautiful evening, no luck fishing though. Tried 70-80 and 90-100 at 150 depth along the shoals, tried coyotes, anchovy teasers. Switched up purple haze and green flashers. Will try again thursday morning, either Epsom or the Pilings.

Pilings can be spotty this time of year. Better early in the season. I’d stick with Epsom.

Pilings can be spotty this time of year. Better early in the season. I’d stick with Epsom.
Thanks, going to give Epsom a try tomorrow morning on the incoming tide.

Did the water ever lay down today. I drove out to pender to catch the noon tide Left the harbour and had to turn back it was so nasty.

Finally got to salmon fish today! This was one hour at ball point at 130' on the riggers. Black glow flasher and a cop car spoon.
View attachment 46877

Princess Louisa is beautiful...

I went out this morning but got beat up by the swells! Is ball point up towards Princess Louisa?

Edit: Found it, Ball Point is off of Hardy Island

Last edited:
I went out this morning but got beat up by the swells! Is ball point up towards Princess Louisa?

Edit: Found it, Ball Point is off of Hardy Island
Just watch for the RCA. We fished from it and down around.

Anybody having luck this week? Heading back out later in the week and hope I haven't missed the run! Couple of undersize last Monday after the winds died down.

Pretty quiet here! I’ve hooked up undersize at Quarry and Epsom Pt. lately but nothing on the table. Lots of boats out there, somebody must have some stories!

Pretty quiet here! I’ve hooked up undersize at Quarry and Epsom Pt. lately but nothing on the table. Lots of boats out there, somebody must have some stories!
I’ve been skunked 4 or 5 times straight. I’ve been laying low trying to get excited again

Heading over to give it a go for a week or so on Monday hopefully some action returns while we are out. The Fraser River Lower mainland fishery has been on fire as of late, so hopefully the action returns up in area 16. See you all on the water.
Tight Lines.

It's definitely been slower, been grinding the last three nights at Epsom and Bjerrie, 12 and 18 on Tuesday, a 15 on Wednesday and nothing last night. All fish on a 602 4" tubby or 639 4" tubby. It's been better in the 150' to 90' range of water at Epsom, tons of bait around. Lots of shakers as well.

Last 2 weeks have been amazing for us from the north.. apologize for slacking on the reports. We have had our luck on Spring’s every day with 2 but fished really hard to get’em! Bait fresh herring from the dock has been the go-to without question..

Bjerry on the high tide this week was a little slow, with ALL the BAIT!.. to much to not stick with it.. landed all the keepers for home we can handle. Tides have been off on the slack this last week for sure few hours early from my efforts.

Broke away from Epsom and tried pilings last night (absolutely gorgeous) wife grabbed a 16#.. all in all had an amazing 2 weeks in this country we call Sunshine coast! Can not tell you all how much beauty and social happiness we live and work for all year round.

Off tomorrow for our 16 hour trip home.

Tight lines everyone for the remaining part of the season.

Hope to get back down for 3 days wen the springs are headn up river.

Got out for a quick fish tonite around 7pm picked up a nice 13# chinook just off Daniel Point in 170 of water at 123 feet on downrigger on purple haze flasher and green glo bullettroll teaser with anchovy. Nice little start to our week. See how the winds are tomorrow with the warning in effect. Might not make it out to Epsom.

Ok, I've been skunked the last 5 attempts, the wife is starting to question my motives more than ever! Three undersize but nothing to take home. Is it that quite out there or am I just having a run of bad luck?? Been targeting 85 - 150' in 85 - 160' water, green or purple haze flashers. cop car or big eye spoons or anchovy teasers, 1.8 - 3 knots, Quarry Bay - Epsom Pt. Am I getting close??

Ok, I've been skunked the last 5 attempts, the wife is starting to question my motives more than ever! Three undersize but nothing to take home. Is it that quite out there or am I just having a run of bad luck?? Been targeting 85 - 150' in 85 - 160' water, green or purple haze flashers. cop car or big eye spoons or anchovy teasers, 1.8 - 3 knots, Quarry Bay - Epsom Pt. Am I getting close??

It's not just you its been incredibly frustrating. Fished hard the last few days and We have tried Every depth and fishing lure, bait and hootchie combo only to pick up One keeper spring. We as well have been to Espom Bjerre Quarry Pilings and a few other spots. Hit one wild coho and and yellow eye we had to release. I have not seen it this tough in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back