2019 Port Renfrew Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. brutus

brutus Active Member

Bonilla north is way past your stomping grounds lol, and yes you are welcome on my boat any day, downrigger will stay on the dock, ps bring some of those herring instead of the herb, gave that hippy shitt up a long time ago lol,thank for the info

2. The Jackel

The Jackel Well-Known Member

Well the Hauler is going in the water today, he is another year older and even more grumpier so look out ;) Oh and you might not recognize him, he had a haircut for the first time in 15 months and a straight razor shave, looking good if i do say so myself :D

3. brutus

brutus Active Member

Good luck my friend, hauling my rig on the 31may

4. kingspring

kingspring Active Member

Any action up Bonilla way??
    Nitnat? Hole?
    Hauler kicking it?

stubby2 and chrisniz like this.
  5. The Jackel

Well the hauler went out and dusted of the cobwebs, was out for 2.5 hours and was into 3 springs, nothing big 10-12 lbs, so nice to catch and release that's why i spend all the money i do on fishing :( Crabbing was good and only 1 sportsdragger dragging some bling around so all in all not a bad start.

Normfish, ReelSlim, brutus and 2 others like this.
  6. mbowers

mbowers Active Member

Fished Sunday around Nitnat with guide. One small spring inshore in the morning and then tried halibut for 6hrs. Fished hard and got two fish around 15lbs. Monday took our small boat out for couple hours before the wind started up. Small hatchery spring at Camper released with one eyeball. Jigged up a couple of black rockfish as well. Crab traps were either loaded or empty with chewed up bait. Draw your own conclusions on what was happening there. Glad we put out all 4 traps.

7. DuroBoat

DuroBoat Active Member

We tried crabbing on renfrew last weekend and our traps were also coming up empty with chewed bait. When we sat on the traps, they had crab in them.

8. dss

dss Member

We went out with Willey Sport Fishing and got our 5 halis 4 on the bank and 1 at Nitnat and 2 springs at Nitnat crab trap was stuffed.

outbeen and brutus like this.
  9. brutus

brutus Active Member

yup crab trap poachers are at work,traps over night are always empty

wildmanyeah likes this.
  10. brutus

brutus Active Member

On the ferry heading out now, if the weather is good we try for stinkys on sat , will l

11. The Jackel

Awesome i'll get the sealer out for the care package you'll be dropping off :)

brutus likes this.
  12. brutus

brutus Active Member

:D
    Nothing but lincod

13. brutus

brutus Active Member

how is the fishing???? anybody out these last few days?? heading up for 3-4 days tomorrow,Jackel any fish hitting those cut plugs full of toothpicks ????

14. Strait shooter

Strait shooter New Member

Don’t think anybody was fishing today. It was windy.

brutus likes this.
  15. seadna

seadna Well-Known Member

I'll be out on the US side of Swiftsure starting on Sat. I'll come back with a report. I don't imagine anyone in BC will like it as I anticipate good fishing for springs. I apologize in advance for the unfair difference in regs that allow me to keep some chinook on the other side of the imaginary line.

Marsman likes this.
  16. brutus

brutus Active Member

Haly fishing was good today 2 x good ones at 47lbs and 56lbs, both where 48 inch

ReelSlim, dmurph and John s like this.
  17. seadna

seadna Well-Known Member

We only made it out to Swiftsure on Monday. Lot's of bait, birds and whales all around but not a lot of salmon to be found. We fished it from about 9:30-12:00 and picked up on chinook that was 18#. Inside the Strait on the US was good close to shore - tons of smallish coho but some decent chinook to be found.

islandboy and brutus like this.
  18. The Jackel

CATCH AND RELEASE SUCKS :mad: Some real quality springs today up to 30 lbs. Also i saw some bouys out in deeper water and after i played one of the fish it took me out into 75-80 ft of water i went to have a look, UBC research written on the side of them. So on my way back in i stop to talk to the young guys from UBC who are doing work for DFO, i ask is that a microphone on the line, yup was the answer. So i asked if i pull it up and say DFO can lick my balls, do you think they will understand my message, uummm we don't know was the answer :)

el.Pereh, Whitebuck, donnie d and 8 others like this.
  19. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

LOLOL

20. Reelin In The Years

Reelin In The Years Active Member

They may ask, "What size are your balls and can you send pics."

walleyes likes this.