2019 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fished TC for the past week for the first time on our own. Tight lipped folks in the area. We're use to taking our holidays and fishing Sooke which we've found to have a lot of helpful fellow fisherman especially with chatter over the radio making it easier to zone in on the Springs. It was obvious where the locations were by the number of boats but other than that we were on our own to figure it out. We did get some Coho and Pinks but no Springs. Didn't see lots coming in at the dock either except for I think it was Saturday which was an exceptional day for Springs. Also got halibut and ling cod which was a nice change from Sooke.
Guess u didn't find us to ask. We are happy to share. We just returned from 4 days fishing out to Tel Cove. Only ended up w 1 size slot spring, but we did get 3 great coho and the pinks have arrived. Best experience was landing and successfully releasing a 42 inch spring. My biggest ever. Wish we could have weighed it, but really wanted to get it back in the water asap. Great weather. Rain, fog, etc. But never too windy to fish and thst's all that matters. Miss it already.

how’s fishin been? Headed up for 6 days on the 16th! Will be my first time fishing these waters, can’t wait. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Fishing is not red hot but springs are coming in everyday. One of the guides had a 31#er right in front of the cove yesterday. we're just waiting for the big coho to start showing up on the mainland side and finish off our summer stay

Fishing is not red hot but springs are coming in everyday. One of the guides had a 31#er right in front of the cove yesterday. we're just waiting for the big coho to start showing up on the mainland side and finish off our summer stay
Thanks Captain Ed, much appreciated. We’ll be at Pierre’s at Echo Bay sat/sun. Maybe we’ll get lucky with the coho around that area, excited to explore. Mon-wed we’re back closer to the cove. Tight lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back