2019 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question: I know where 10 mile point is, but why does it carry that moniker? I've looked and can't figure out where it is 10 miles from.
KP Time, thanks for the info. Now I may try closer to home instead of the big run.

Here's a question: I know where 10 mile point is, but why does it carry that moniker? I've looked and can't figure out where it is 10 miles from.
KP Time, thanks for the info. Now I may try closer to home instead of the big run.

It is 10nm from port alberni, it is also 10nm from chup pt.

There are springs in the inlet. 30 to 50 feet deep, anchovies and white hoochies.
Springs aren't plentiful, but there are some being taken.
Hocking and closer to town.

Lots of good reports from Wednesday and Thursday, but not today.
We had one on this morning but it didn't quite make it into the boat.
That was our only hit.
The dogfish were plentiful enough near China Creek that we put the bait away.

FSC nets start in the inlet on Sunday PM. Commercial start rumored to be Aug 18, PM.

Attachments

• Area 23 Chinook Bulletin # 1.jpg
    Area 23 Chinook Bulletin # 1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 75
The funny in all this is there are already commercial openings anounce with no numbers to show, lets hope they show up in numbers, keep whaterver is left of a once great fisherie for all sectors, used to love going in mid aug and fish in front of china creek, good times back then

Any reports from this morning, planning a trip with the family and being indecisive as to hit the inlet which would be new for me or run over to sandheads where the fishing sounds hot but I’ve been lots?

Any reports from this morning, planning a trip with the family and being indecisive as to hit the inlet which would be new for me or run over to sandheads where the fishing sounds hot but I’ve been lots?

Not mine,from Facebook

upload_2019-8-12_16-43-25.png

If by 'with the family' you mean relatively fair weather fisher people, you would be hard-pressed to find a stretch of water so near to us that has so many options for calm fishing and opportunities for good action. I love the canal at this time of year - within an hour from Port you can be at Pill Pt, and the stretch from the marina to Nahmint is fantastic. Sounds like there are some around, traditioanlly, this is when I historically head over for a day or two with regular success.

This morning I believe was slow, I managed a couple but I think I was lucky. The end of last week was good, not sure about the weekend. I have a friend out tonight, he has caught 1 and said he seen quite a few caught. Given the projected run size, I would guess it’s going to get better......hopefully.

Inlet was slow for me this morning. One fish on that feed a sea lion. My friend did much better at the mouth of the Fraser on Saturday

Gonna give Barkley and the inlet a go, sandheads is on definitely on fire but be been lots and have had some amazing bites there. Haven’t fished out of Alberni yet and it’s basically my backyard, the family voted it’s more about the experience I’m sure we’ll get fish. Looking forward to checking out the area.

Gonna give Barkley and the inlet a go, sandheads is on definitely on fire but be been lots and have had some amazing bites there. Haven’t fished out of Alberni yet and it’s basically my backyard, the family voted it’s more about the experience I’m sure we’ll get fish. Looking forward to checking out the area.

My buddy just got back from a weekend out there and got his two day limit with springs and coho at Edward King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back