2019 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down to China Ck boat launch today to get the scoop, yesterday was half decent, lots of boats with fish. Today a bust! Not much caught today.

I dunno, the selling fish on Facebook comment seemed a little mean. Maybe a joke, one that I don’t get. All is fine.

Sorry, do you know me? I’m pretty new here.
nope don't think I know you,are you a regular at china creek???? I think I seen that boat beside mine a few years back????.not trying to give you a hard time,selling soxs from port albernie is a yearly event been going on for as long as I can remember,they are out in the truck box as we speak al over port now

I haven’t been to China Creek since about 2004 and never in this boat. And I don’t sell my fish on Facebook.

I haven’t been to China Creek since about 2004 and never in this boat. And I don’t sell my fish on Facebook.
nobody is saying you are lol,end of conversation.word is they are starting to hit more fish now,go get them

I am pretty sure the comment that they were already for sale in Nanaimo was a way of saying that the sockeye are now in numbers in the China Creek area. Nothing more, nothing less.

Or maybe the fact that they can now legally sell fish any where any time.
Another nail in the coffin. A BIG nail.

Unless there’s something specific to this band i’m unaware of, this is is still illegal.
But they will still abuse their FSC flag.
Friend of mine is a DFO officer and they caught a FN man from up north Port Hardy way on a Nanaimo reserve. They caught him red handed with thousands of pounds of halibut handing it over to a member of the Nanaimo band. They didn’t observe money exchanging hands and they claimed it was a gift. Port Hardy FN smirking at the officer saying “ Nothing more social than free fish.” they had to drive away. they had nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back