2019 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmurph

dmurph Well-Known Member

Never fished it either, you launch at deep bay?

2. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

French creek harbour I would go out of.

3. Sangstercraft

Sangstercraft Well-Known Member

Great story, thanks for posting it!! What a fish.

4. bigdogg1

bigdogg1 Active Member

Thanks Sangstercraft (et al). Without a doubt, the best battle I have ever had. Sheer power. Appreciate the comments.

Ryan A and islandboy like this.
  5. robertg

robertg Crew Member

I invited my buddy over for the Pacific Salmon Foundation dinner in Feb, he decided to bid on a charter package offered by ICAT charters out of French Creek, so yesterday we got together and joined Kim for a day of fishing, I did not expect a stellar day considering the recent rains but despite my skepticism we had a wonderful day on the water, we caught more fish than I thought we would although they were small we had a great time. So If you end up with guests at home that want to go fishing give Kim at ICAT charters a call. And Kim if you re on this site Thanks

Original, Tightlines22 and islandboy like this.
  6. salmonkiller01

salmonkiller01 Well-Known Member

Quick trip today. Landed a nice 12 pounder. Just off Gerald isl. 170 on tiggers A few prawns to boot too

Attached Files:

7. Morty

Morty Member

Based on the mention of "go-to lure" I'm understanding you're referring to hardware and not a cut herring.
    Therefore, what brand? and how many different colours are you using?

8. bigdogg1

bigdogg1 Active Member

Number has worn off the nose - but if you go to Tomic's site and look at a 219, that is the plug I believe

9. Morty

Morty Member

Merry Christmas bigdogg1 - Thanks for the quick, and to the point reply. Your one statement answered both my questions - impressive!

bigdogg1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.