2019 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out the other day. We released 8. Bit sad...the only boat out there. When we came back there was sadly...only 1 boat launching. Its a ghost town. Cop Car Coyotes at 127 feet.

On a positive note, I managed to fill my wife's 3 new garden boxes with some really nice dirt. Got the sprinkler system running. Brought in some gravel to finish another yard project. Built a shed. Over-seeded some patchy bits in my grass....and fed our pet sea gull after cutting the grass.

On a positive note, I managed to fill my wife's 3 new garden boxes with some really nice dirt. Got the sprinkler system running. Brought in some gravel to finish another yard project. Built a shed. Over-seeded some patchy bits in my grass....and fed our pet sea gull after cutting the grass.
C'mon Pat. Keep this up and I may have to "unfriend" you............................;):D

Moved my seedling herb plants out into the sunshine today. Went down to brechin last night and most of the parking spots were filled with cars :(:( Nothing in the cleaning table

Was out Wednesday evening. Released a few. All under 10lbs. Started at Spoil Grounds deep and moved in and shallowed up for the fish. Homeland Security Skinny G. There was at least 20 trucks/trailers at the launch. Only half dozen guys trolling. Lingcod maybe?

tU18oMY3FemWc004IBmYXiMVHP0mRCiDSQ1V3o2bkM1vaV1eUGLfnkSA6jraPpMkXpVn1lNaDVzWyEilMLGKWAtS_OMD0VBmqyfijXLtIszzbWOY-pbCiSiFI1Y6ceGyZokxuQuJiN8KBISNEJ1Xu99JK8rE-kabKL2ETQYseqNDUk9xvYeHnLYg_f6sNAgDzNe4h-QeRVHX469orM3uK-j4RZ4RYPFCGshdvi7lNCcvumN4DztIZ31hL3vMCHsuLNe83QzgICRo1e9upNSUnxZn_Hvbp_GgzPnkJ58mJSHZOx152RcaOd6rReaaKPhUrq0vcyUVwq2UsVs6jiX_xhE19WOuhvzVb9u8I3cjoCzhpg-23JBrDTj4hfMI0Y9DRYmmiKWUagQWyYq53aVFdsCsq41DCixAfsY2fkx_iNeoV4U02UkPxRCpylUIFDhcMk0opzhXV5CPAd4b0M6rXdN9hrCCpG7caH8K52cM2MW_nM1JFk9VLPwhFBsFd9MCfSRjKUdgNeIPQLXIom7-FHMWL447ZE1o-tiyDK7ZCKqe0Yz3aBhRffXh7kFzvAnNP6GwjH-P4NwNBNLdse6PJvuyTwo9GBtojg0FfoFeJhs73FdpoMuPkBjUAnTWfr6Z0taWEzfmdrQL3jrP731HRsKLrx__Jlg=w644-h858-no

Coho are at every depth.10' - 250' Yes it's still too early. Usually no legal size until 3rd week of May. Best not to target them yet they don't do well catch and release at there small size. June 1 they will be open and should be 2-3 lbs by then.

wow I have never seen so few vehicles at the boat launch

It was really windy today. Flying some kites with the kids was more fun then a bumpy boat ride.

We hit Thrasher Saturday morning. The wind made boat control a constant source of aggravation. But we were able to boat 12 springs in less than two hours. Fast and furious action on spoons. It was one of those bite timings were you felt like you could do no wrong.

We hit Thrasher Saturday morning. The wind made boat control a constant source of aggravation. But we were able to boat 12 springs in less than two hours. Fast and furious action on spoons. It was one of those bite timings were you felt like you could do no wrong.

Nice one! Were you out deep?

Nice one! Were you out deep?

I wish I could give you a definitive answer but with the wind blowing we were anywhere from 60’ to 400’ of water. On this bite it didn’t seem to matter. Auto Pilot would have been great with those conditions.

Fish were caught at depths of 70’ to 100’. And all on my own painted spoons CottonCandy UV and BigBangTheory Glow.

Was out the other day. We released 8. Bit sad...the only boat out there. When we came back there was sadly...only 1 boat launching. Its a ghost town. Cop Car Coyotes at 127 feet.

Should we change the heading from "FISHING REPORTS" to "HONEY DO REPORTS' :eek:

Out tonight at 4:30 until 8:30. Trolled from the fingers out to the spoil grounds. Released a few undersized and also a keeper 10-12 ibs spring. 170 feet down on a no-bananas skinny g. Beauty night out there, just a few boats trolling around the fingers.

I was out for a few hrs with my brother from Edmonton for his annual fishing visit. We had a great day out there releasing one undersized and 3 between 10-15lbs. All three larger fish at 180 on 4” homeland spoon in 300-500ft of water. Heading out for ling and prawns tomorrow!

Last edited:
Reactions: RBL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back