2019 Nanaimo Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

1. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

It's the wrong thread for it anyway.
    Apologies for the highjack

2. adanac

adanac Well-Known Member

Fished for a few hours yesterday , had two legal sized fish and plagued by 40 - 50 cm fish. On a good note we also had 4 two to four lb hatchery cohos we released

Viking likes this.
  3. seadna

seadna Well-Known Member

I understand Not Catch and Release is also still an option. Can you comment on that Stizzla? ;):D

RBL and Stizzla like this.
  4. sweettjim

sweettjim Member

yep u can still catch and release springs

Mr. Incredible likes this.
  5. barkerfam

barkerfam Active Member

who's gonna tell him.....

Stizzla likes this.
  6. sweettjim

sweettjim Member

anyone know when coho start showing up off thrasher?

7. searun

searun Well-Known Member

Not until June 1

8. sweettjim

sweettjim Member

Ok thanks

9. finaddict

finaddict Well-Known Member

Have to admit I am certainly disappointed that Fishcop did not come back with any response on native gill nets in the Fraser. I do not know if he has any assignment for that area, however , a well thought out and matter of fact post of the plans to keep the nets out of the Fraser would be a refreshing post to read. That is, unless, there is no actual game plan of how to keep the nets out of the Fraser and DFO is just giving this part of its Upper Fraser Protection plan nothing more than lip service...........

islandboy, outbeen and Whitebuck like this.
  10. RBL

RBL Active Member

They will be out making sure sport fisherman are using barbless hooks during catch and release. In their minds that’s more important. It’s a joke. They are too scared to confront the guys netting in the river anyway lol.

Whitebuck likes this.
  11. dmurph

dmurph Well-Known Member

Yes disappointing, problem is the Dfo officers on the ground probably feel helpless as society gives them a pass. If anything actually went to court it would most likely never stand up.

12. ryanb

ryanb Well-Known Member

Time to fire some judges...just sayin...

13. How about “Power Hungry Idiots just looking to cash a pay cheque”

Fishcop1 - If you really cared about Conservation you would answer the question asked of you.

Whitebuck and Fins -n- Skins like this.
  14. barkerfam

barkerfam Active Member

It’s likely that @Fishcop1 has been instructed by his employer to stay quiet. My guess is he does not have authority to speak, and I assume could have set his department up for legal consequences with what he has already typed.

15. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

If you guys want to pose questions to DFO C&P staff with regards to Fraser River management. You can attend the local SFAC meetings in Langley (lower Fraser Valley) or Chilliwack (upper Fraser Valley). C&P staff from are often at the meetings, The next meetings are held in the Fall. Or alternatively contact your Local SFAC chair or attend the meetings and I am sure they can provide you with some of the answers you seek.

If you want to see what C&P staff were up to last year in the Fraser River region I have attached a presentation.

http://frafs.ca/sites/default/files2/Day 2 Post Season Presentation from C&P.pdf

This is suppose to be the reports section, If you want to discuss other issues take it to the " Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management" area on this forum.

Attached Files:

16. ExFlyGuy

ExFlyGuy Well-Known Member

Here's a non report. More sad than anything. It's flat calm out there and I havnt seen a single boat since I got home a 4pm.

20190430_183021_resized (1).jpg

Jwolfe likes this.
  17. Reelin In The Years

Reelin In The Years Active Member

Nice Rhododendrons!

islandboy likes this.
  18. High Time

High Time Crew Member

Thanks for the link. Isn't it interesting that in 2018 there were only 5 FN charges laid in the Lower Fraser and there were 5 FN charges not approved... It just gets worse....

[​IMG][/url]

Whitebuck likes this.
  19. Robalo227

Robalo227 New Member

Any updates on how Thrasher is going? I had a friend over there a few days ago and said they hooked into 3 Coho. Seems a bit early

20. ExFlyGuy

ExFlyGuy Well-Known Member

Thanks! You should see the white and pink ones in the front yard...

Maybe I will snap some pictures on the weekend as ill be spending it gardening instead of fishing.