2019 Kyuquot Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for info

Is worth putting in at zebellos and running up to Kyuquot versus trail wrong all the way to fair harbour.

Concerned about road conditions trailering my 23' boat

Thx

What time of year are you thinking of heading out there?? If it’s during the summer, the road is usually in good shape. Hell ur halfway there once you’re in Zeballos.

What time of year are you thinking of heading out there?? If it’s during the summer, the road is usually in good shape. Hell ur halfway there once you’re in Zeballos.

Thx N2013. Yes we are thinking about end of July.

Have t been on the that road for a number of years. I talked to a buddy who traveled it it last July said it was pretty rough his trailer took a beating.

Have you had better experience traveling that road?

Thx N2013. Yes we are thinking about end of July.

Have t been on the that road for a number of years. I talked to a buddy who traveled it it last July said it was pretty rough his trailer took a beating.

Have you had better experience traveling that road?
Apart from a couple of steep hills I find the road in no problem- long, but no problem. We tow a 23 fter in several times a season. They are doing a bunch of work in both Fair harbour and Kyuquot so the road is well maintained for a logging rd. We are going in for Easter so could update you then.

Apart from a couple of steep hills I find the road in no problem- long, but no problem. We tow a 23 fter in several times a season. They are doing a bunch of work in both Fair harbour and Kyuquot so the road is well maintained for a logging rd. We are going in for Easter so could update you then.

Ok Awesome thx Duke

Anybody been to Murphy’s ?
was at Murphy's for the June30 - July 3 trip.
was very good fishing for Chinook inshore to 28 lbs. Easy limits every day. got all our bottom fish including my 124cm Halibut at 57lbs and a 30lb lingcod.

was at Murphy's for the June30 - July 3 trip.
was very good fishing for Chinook inshore to 28 lbs. Easy limits every day. got all our bottom fish including my 124cm Halibut at 57lbs and a 30lb lingcod.

I wasnt at Murphy's but I was in kyuquot those exact dates so I'm pretty sure we saw each other on the water. My first day of fishing was pretty ****** but my last 2 days were insane. I don't think the weather could have been any better.

Just back from kyuqout
Fishing is excellent for chinook,coho,ling,and Halli.

Day one we got 4 chinook and one coho in short order at spring island.

Day 2 we got 2 chinook in a couple hours at spring and my buddy flies up to me in his boat and says turn your radio on! I just got 6 in an hour just outside the harbour. So we pull up and head over....bites off lol. Buddy radios me bites off we are going to spring...lol. I troll back over to spring...bang another in the boat! Goes a little quite for a bit and my buddy is limited out and heads in, on his way buy he drops a jack smith hotchie and green flasher in my net and says try this it’s on fire today. 10 mins later bam...fish on! Get the hog in the net and snap goes the line on the hot lure! ****! Didn’t loose the lure tho just the hooks.. he’d never let that go....lol. We are limited on chinook and have a couple more coho so head in early.

More later

@Trophy21

Did you venture offshore to the reef or highway at all?

Where was your buddy fishing "right outside the harbour"?

I am there August 14-18....generally if weather allows at that time we are out on the highway.

Just back from kyuqout
Fishing is excellent for chinook,coho,ling,and Halli.

Day one we got 4 chinook and one coho in short order at spring island.

Day 2 we got 2 chinook in a couple hours at spring and my buddy flies up to me in his boat and says turn your radio on! I just got 6 in an hour just outside the harbour. So we pull up and head over....bites off lol. Buddy radios me bites off we are going to spring...lol. I troll back over to spring...bang another in the boat! Goes a little quite for a bit and my buddy is limited out and heads in, on his way buy he drops a jack smith hotchie and green flasher in my net and says try this it’s on fire today. 10 mins later bam...fish on! Get the hog in the net and snap goes the line on the hot lure! ****! Didn’t loose the lure tho just the hooks.. he’d never let that go....lol. We are limited on chinook and have a couple more coho so head in early.

More later
what leader length were you using on your hootchies?

@Trophy21

Did you venture offshore to the reef or highway at all?

Where was your buddy fishing "right outside the harbour"?

I am there August 14-18....generally if weather allows at that time we are out on the highway.

We fished the bottleneck offshore. Lots of fish from 20 to 100 on the rigger. Lots of mostly wild coho and under slot chinook. We didn’t hit the reef but I did here of some good Halli taken on it. I’ll pm you the spot.

Day 3 we woke up to no wind and calm seas which was great for our 10mile run to our Halli hole. Anchored up drop the lines and wait.....wait...bang got a hit! Dam big yellow eye! Back down he goes. Then a 2 cod on I set up, then a dogfish that totally swallowed both my hooks! The final straw was a large octopus! Cool but how do I get the hook! I’m not putting my arms near that! It spits the hook as we are taking pics and swims away. Ok this spot sucks now time to move. Anchor on a new spot a few miles away. Lines down..... not even 5 mins bam! Fish on...nice fish in the larger slot! Lines back down and for about an hour we let some chickens go and decide to move to try for bigger fish. Back down goes the anchor, my buddy says to me you gotta haul this anchor up when we’re done I’m pooped....lol.i say ok last spot. Drop the lines.... 3 mins in bam....bam! Pulling full drag! I yell I got a beast! My ugly stick is bent right over. After a good fight we see the fish surface...**** that’s a beauty! Quick measure yup it’s right at the upper limit! Gaff! In the boat it goes...it goes nuts! Smashes my small Halli tackle box, we jump up towards the boat cuddy. Finally it settles down and my buddy jumps down and starts beating it like a mad man with the gaff, blood bath...lol. We put the fish on ice and crack a Caesar! We’re done for today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back