2019 Herring for Autism Sale

Ok.. I know I'll get lots of push back here.. however does no one else see that absolute stupidity of catching and basically giving away a resource that has a direct link to the the state of our fisheries and marine life ?
THERE IS NO ARGUMENT that the cause is good; however we are basically ravaging our ocean, giving away fish, and then on the same vein complaining there are no fish ... My god, this whole forum is full of stories related to the decline of our fisheries. Aren't we not suppose to be the intelligent species on this planet ?
Just call me baffled !!

Ok.. I know I'll get lots of push back here.. however does no one else see that absolute stupidity of catching and basically giving away a resource that has a direct link to the the state of our fisheries and marine life ?
THERE IS NO ARGUMENT that the cause is good; however we are basically ravaging our ocean, giving away fish, and then on the same vein complaining there are no fish ... My god, this whole forum is full of stories related to the decline of our fisheries. Aren't we not suppose to be the intelligent species on this planet ?
Just call me baffled !!
I remember you... you were also against herring sales helping kids with cancer. Why don’t you just stop?!
As said over there, it’s a small fraction of the herring that is taken commercially and we are going to use them for fishing anyways, so why not help sick kids.
Do you fish? I haven’t seen a single post about fishing from you

Good cause, insane use of resources
Sorry, hope it bombs, then fish sold for dog food, another crazy use of resources

I'll be grabbing more myself. Got 100 lbs from the Cancer fund raiser for myself and friends. Great cause and yes, a well managed fishery with catch quota, time, labor, etc all donated. Can't get any better than that IMO.

Anyone know if they will also be offering this in Victoria? I know they have for other Herring fund raisers.

Good cause, insane use of resources
Sorry, hope it bombs, then fish sold for dog food, another crazy use of resources

The herring caught is within quota, all of the labour and time is donated. Its very unfortunate you are wishing that a charity fundraiser will bomb. I think we've all heard enough of your opinion now.

See the well wishers tomorrow! I've pre-ordered mine already.

If you want to get in Steveston on a boat, would there be public docking tomorrow to hop off and pick up the herring? I’m thinking of making this a family event. :)

I’ve gone out and fished for the herring in Nanaimo for the sale there. It’s not a lot of herring. If there aren’t large number of herring around they cancel the event.

The pre order worked out great! They had all the pre orders pre packed and covered in slush ice waiting for the customers. Two minutes in and out with some spare time to take a stroll around Gary Point. Beauty day out there today!
20190112_112413.jpg

20190112_112549.jpg

20190112_181451.jpg

I guess we should leave all the salmon in the water and ban using bait for catching them too

We are just trying to solve a problem that can't be resolved using the same old paradigms and biases
For the few $$ raised, why not just pledge cash donations to charity and utilize the resource to help resolve a problem ?

Back