2019 Gulf Island Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
fished porlier saturday 1.30 till 7 worked hard for them but hooked 4 nice fish lost 2 at the net due to 8 foot leaders and 2-18lbs in the box and released some pinks and wild coho. one spring at 44' and 3 at 201' in 170' of water on anchovies

Fished porlier today
Beuty day but super slow for me. Seems to me that those little snackers have really moved in. Lost a beuty coho that's about it
i went on monday but the weather was crappy and I had my wife and kid so I turned around and fished tent island for a hour or so it was full of weeds and jelly fish only got 2 under sized springs

Wondering what is the prawning season around here? Are the commercial guys still at it? Now that the summer crowds are thinning is it time to prawn again or wait for “winter”?

Picked up 2 yesterday #10,#12 early on the ebb yesterday morning. Bottom bouncing in Booth Bay @ 120'. Released 2 other smaller ones.
Using Skinny G's Irish Cream and Herring Aid spoons. Prawning was good also.
Nice work, can’t see Booth Bay on my map, is it on the outside of Porlier (Georgia Strait) or inside? For prawning, same question, outside on the Strait or inside ?

Nice work, can’t see Booth Bay on my map, is it on the outside of Porlier (Georgia Strait) or inside? For prawning, same question, outside on the Strait or inside ?
It’s between Crofton and Saltspring right before the narrows, little bay of Saltspring shown on map.

Attachments

• 0DB6F948-471B-4517-BA16-56407D6D7304.png
    0DB6F948-471B-4517-BA16-56407D6D7304.png
    996 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back