2019 Campbell River Reports

Discussion in '2019 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crow

Crow Active Member

Fished separation and deep water bay 10 -4. No wind, smooth water, with little currents, very enjoyable conditions. After completely missing our first hook up noticing the flasher on the surface with the squirt 3/4 up the leader we converted at 11 am 55’. #2 hit about 3pm at 90’, all three liked the mp15 mini squirt, close to Separation Head. Nice to see the chum starting to show.
    Could not upload the picture

fytfire and Gong Show like this.
  2. Crow

Crow Active Member

DA086514-E785-41F8-A127-5688C61D5E1B.jpeg
    I guess uploading PDF is the way to go

Bruce Lee, fytfire, Stizzla and 4 others like this.
  3. Jwolfe

Jwolfe Active Member

Went 2-3 yesterday at browns bay off the light house ,one fish was caught at 25’the other was around 50’ longer ltr dead slow

Trophy21 likes this.
  4. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Nice to see a few starting to show up-- even if its slow. I was out a week ago for zip-- the tides had messed up Deepwater, Separation and wall with a lot of floating logs , stumps, kelp etc. I gave up rather quickly. Question...... couple of guys I know fish chovies behind a flasher with an almost dead drift- just kick the engine enough to turn over the flasher and the chovie every now and then.. I have tried it but never got it to work. Anyone else had any luck with chovies ?

5. N2013

N2013 Active Member

I ran meat for them a few years ago and had success. Chrome/blue/purple head. Dead slow troll, 6' leader. Plastic is just easier to fish.

Cuba Libre likes this.
  6. Bear

Bear Active Member

Years ago, we mooched them at Deep Water on the wall. Also at Seperation , Racpoint. Once in a while at Copper Buffs. 4' cut plug. 30 - 50 ft.

big rock, Cuba Libre and Jwolfe like this.
  7. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Active Member

Anyone been out for Chum recently? Thinking of making a run up to BB this weekend.

8. triplenickel

triplenickel Well-Known Member

I haven’t, please post up a quick report if you do!

9. Gong Show

Gong Show Well-Known Member

Best of luck. Looks like you may get a good weather window.

10. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Well-Known Member

my understanding is they have closed the commys to chum fishing as the returns are so bad. test sets of five or six fish up at Robson Bight. have not been able to confirm closure online yet.
    not good

11. Gearbox Paul

Gearbox Paul Member

12. Jwolfe

Jwolfe Active Member

Heading out Sunday

13. CR Bill

CR Bill Member

I can see about 10 boats today in the Green/Francisco area...any update Soon?

14. Teal

Teal Active Member

Fished Browns Bay for chum from 11-4 yesterday. No fish for us and saw only a couple of fish caught that being said it was a beautiful day on the water and we had a lovely Humpback show off salmon point.

15. CR Bill

CR Bill Member

Fished the Green yesterday- 11 to 2. Quiet for us but did see a boat on a double - prawn traps at Francisco we’re decent.

16. Jwolfe

Jwolfe Active Member

6 for 10 today at deep water ,not worth getting up early the bite came on after lunch and was steady until around two ,little faster then usual and rocking Mario Lemieux depth’

Attached Files:

Gong Show, Stizzla, Crow and 3 others like this.
  17. Gearbox Paul

Gearbox Paul Member

Fished at Deepwater Bay on Saturday from about 9:30 to 3:30. Not one bite. 8-9 other boats. Saw 6-7 fish caught, 4 from one boat alone. All caught before 11:00 am. Very slow.

Fished Deepwater again on Monday from 8 to Noon. Went 2 for 2, both chum. About 6 other boats fishing in the area. Didn't see anyone else playing a fish. Again, very slow. One commy seining inside the boundary in Deepwater Bay. I was too far away to see how well he was doing.

18. Bear

Bear Active Member

Commercial not allowed inside boundary. Probably native or Fisheries.

19. Gearbox Paul

Gearbox Paul Member

Allowed or not, I've seen seiners in there several times before. On Monday, I was too far to tell who was running the seine boat.

RiverBoy likes this.
  20. Bear

Bear Active Member

Read the above post again.

Cuba Libre likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.