2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from 3 days of family fishing at Poett Nook. Fished Meare's Bluff and Cree. Action was non-stop on Wednesday and Thursday mornings with many shakers released. Ended with our possession limits of Springs and 3 decent Coho. Most fish came in from 80 feet range on white needlefish hootchy and a 3" Kingfisher spoon. Biggest fish was 21 pounds. Today was much slower for us.

Just got off the phone with my buddy. Similar report to foxsea. Very slow yesterday and this morning. He fished whittlestone and hooked 2 springs over 10 pounds in 12 hours of fishing, a few shakers, and some small coho in the 3-6 pound range. Hopefully things pick up. Easy limits of Hali at the shark tooth.

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing. It looks like it is lining up for a year like 2016 where by mid Aug the avg size of the ho’s was almost as big as the chin’s.

Did a quick trip over to the nook. My son and I fished a couple of hours Friday afternoon. We manage to scrape up one 16 lb hatchery spring off Danvers at 70ft on a white hootchy . Saturday was a real struggle to find fish , we picked up one coho at effingham . Ran to the wall out of Bamfield and trolled back to the nook. P/u another 16lb wild spring and one coho . Lost a couple of other good fish , waste of time using bait this weekend . It was a great day on the water , even though fishing was slow. The road in was in pretty good shape. J.S.

Hoping to target pinks next week when I’m up fishing the sound. Can’t beat them for smoking. Make great salmon jerky!! Anyone having much success with pink salmon in and around Bamfield/Barkley sound?

I've caught them near Cree and lots on the banks other years. I like them smoked too, but would rather have coho to fill out the limit, since a dark red one makes good sushi in a non-sockeye year.
Good luck; I'll be in Ukee Sunday sometime. Forecast is good for waves and wind at this point.

I have not caught a pink this year. mind you I don't troll slow.

during the monsoon/hurricane yesterday we spent 3 hours for 3 coho, a hand full of medium chins, bonked one around 15lbs.
120' on the basement with uv hootchies. deep water on the backside of flemming.so wet yesterday.yuk.

I have not caught a pink this year. mind you I don't troll slow.

during the monsoon/hurricane yesterday we spent 3 hours for 3 coho, a hand full of medium chins, bonked one around 15lbs.
120' on the basement with uv hootchies. deep water on the backside of flemming.so wet yesterday.yuk.
Which side of Fleming is considered as being the backside?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back