2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

A fishing report for those unable to get out at this time of the year.. I went out Monday morning to Constance - it was a late morning as I wanted to let the wife sleep in a few hours so I would feel no guilt on the water - and dropped the lines in around 10:30. Had one in the boat before the second line was down (4-5lbs) and fished until noon. BWD said there was a storm warning starting at noon so I decided to pack it in.. when bringing up my second line, a nice fish followed it to the surface and took my lure just behind the boat. Played it for a couple minutes and before it spat the hook alongside the boat. Overall a beautiful day on the water, two fish to the boat and fish taco's for dinner. It didn't start blowing until later that evening and I was pretty bummed I came in on a slack tide with a few hrs of good fishing weather left..
Thank you for the fishing report hopefully to go out there soon.

Sat on the pick for about 3.5 hours yesterday out on the east finger of Constance Bank. Great current and sea conditions but no halibut. Hot dogfish bite resulted in only one broken leader so that was nice.

Best of luck to anyone that is going to get one more chance before the new year!

Fuel Spill - Subarea 19-2 - Esquimalt Harbour Closure to all Fishing Continues

In case anyone is out with the nice weather, one place not to fish right now is Esquimalt Harbour. Spill was almost three years ago??!!

Category(s):
ABORIGINAL - General Information,
COMMERCIAL - General Information,
RECREATIONAL - General Information

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0042-General Information - Fuel Spill - Subarea 19-2 - Esquimalt Harbour Closure to all Fishing Continues

As a precautionary measure, the May 10, 2016 closure of Esquimalt Harbour
(Subarea 19-2) to all fishing due to a fuel spill continues.

This closure was recommended by Island Health and will remain in place until
testing can be done to determine that all species are safe for human
consumption.

Variation Order # PCH-2016-252

Back