Out today from 7am until 1pm and got into a few again. Brought home 4 coho, 3 wild and 1 hatch, the hatch was the biggest at about 9 pounds. Lost a few more. The water was not ideal but with the wind and current both in line it wasn't too bad. Seeing more Humpbacks the past couple days feeding on the bait in the area. Fish yesterday had 8 inch herring in them.

Similar results to recent posts for me Sat, Sun, and Monday.. Sunday had more action than Monday but we still managed a few hatchery and wild fish. They had a few large herring like Profisher noted, and some smaller ~4" herring. And one had an 8" salmonid (coho I think, unclipped). We were wondering afterwards if we should have been trolling a larger spoon rather than coho killers and hoochies? We caught coho from 30' to 100'. Most small chinook came from ~100.

Similar results to recent posts for me Sat, Sun, and Monday.. Sunday had more action than Monday but we still managed a few hatchery and wild fish. They had a few large herring like Profisher noted, and some smaller ~4" herring. And one had an 8" salmonid (coho I think, unclipped). We were wondering afterwards if we should have been trolling a larger spoon rather than coho killers and hoochies? We caught coho from 30' to 100'. Most small chinook came from ~100.
my brother got a 15lb hatchery Coho last week that had 3 - 10" salmon in it's stomach!

At pedder today from 8-2pm. 1 wild coho at 9am, 120ft with 70 on DR. Coho killer. Couple of shakers and that was it, no other hits.

Fished in 500' to 600' straight out from the trap shack from 8:30 till noon today. Caught one wild coho about 8 pounds at 90' with a blue and green skinny g and a betsy flasher. First time in the last three times out that we haven't been checked by fisheries.

I see salmon in Coho very often, but never in the other salmon species. Out again today from 7 am until 3 pm. Nice day compared to yesterday as the east wind never really materialized, more NE. We ended up keeping 3 wild and 3 hatchery and released 4 more wild. Lots of hits that never hooked up. 75 to 95 feet in 350-400 feet of water and all on bait.

Fished in 500' to 600' straight out from the trap shack from 8:30 till noon today. Caught one wild coho about 8 pounds at 90' with a blue and green skinny g and a betsy flasher. First time in the last three times out that we haven't been checked by fisheries.
DFO checking you on the water?

Out yesterday 4;30 - 7:00. Got a hatch coho about 2 minutes after dropping lines in 450' off Beechy Head. Only one more bite that didn't stick rest of the evening. Both on bait at 55' nada on the spoon side. Last few days of moorage before the boat gets pulled, hoping for some more action to finish the season. Started using wire in my teaser head 2 trips ago liking how you can really fine tune the bend and have it stay that way.

Fished from 7:30am until 2:00pm today. Nice day on the water but only managed to scratch up 4 hits. Two came to nothing and the other two were lost at the boat. So managed to record our second coho skunk in a row!! There sure were more coho around in early September than there are now!:(

All four hits were on my venerable old Krippled K spoon. Coho killers, AP spoons, hootchies and herring on the other side all got nothing. Sadly towards the end of the session I brought up the Krippled K side and all the gear was missing. The line was still in the clip but the main line must have snapped above the top swivel. This is the second or third time this has happened to me, though once I may have hooked bottom when chasing winters. Anyway I must get in the habit of cutting off the bottom 10 feet of line after a few trips and retying the bead chain swivel. Too late for my old Krippled K though, which sadly now lies in Davy Jones Locker!! :(Probably my best coho lure over the years too, but it is always the good lures that are lost because they are on the end of the line so much!! LOL ;)

Fished from 7:30am until 2:00pm today. Nice day on the water but only managed to scratch up 4 hits. Two came to nothing and the other two were lost at the boat. So managed to record our second coho skunk in a row!! There sure were more coho around in early September than there are now!:(

All four hits were on my venerable old Krippled K spoon. Coho killers, AP spoons, hootchies and herring on the other side all got nothing. Sadly towards the end of the session I brought up the Krippled K side and all the gear was missing. The line was still in the clip but the main line must have snapped above the top swivel. This is the second or third time this has happened to me, though once I may have hooked bottom when chasing winters. Anyway I must get in the habit of cutting off the bottom 10 feet of line after a few trips and retying the bead chain swivel. Too late for my old Krippled K though, which sadly now lies in Davy Jones Locker!! :(Probably my best coho lure over the years too, but it is always the good lures that are lost because they are on the end of the line so much!! LOL ;)
So sorry for your loss :( What size was the krippled k. I might have a McKnight special in the same size. I'm actually still looking for a Krippled k.

Sorta slow as well for coho. Same shift as Englishman today, start rolling bait out in 400-550' of water off the bluffs, nothing. Threw on some hootchies and started getting them in shallower. Best action from 9-10:30. Down deep, 85-110'. After that, bites were sporadic. No hatcheries, so only my 1 wild today in the box. Landed one coho that had a bunch of little bumps under it's scales. I caught another coho up Winter Harbour earlier this year that had the same look. Shoulda taken a picture but released it. Any ideas?

Out solo in the pb off the Head, 7 to 10. Got 1 wild coho on anchovy, 9 or 10 lbs and 1 other hit. What a pleasant day weather wise compared to that cold wind yesterday.
T2

Out this morning from 7am to noon. Landed 3 wild with the biggest being 12 pounds and 1- 5 lb winter spring. Lost 3-4 more all 80 to 95 ft in 350-450 ft of water of the bluffs. Bait again as that is all I seem to fish.

out this am from 7 to 2 pm darn cold for a while till the sun warmed things up a bit. 1 wild about 10 pounds 1 small spring, lost one other good sized coho both did a lot of jumping when hooked. all on coho killers...……….. C.A.

Out yesterday morning from Cheanna at 7:30.Ran all the way to off Sooke harbour mouth in 500 ish water and worked the tide lines out there till 10:00 with no action and no nets out in the other boats.Decided to ride the flood tide back to Beachey Head
zig zaging from 300 to 500 ft. again with no coho action and a few shakers.The tide change was 12:30 so decided to fish closer off Beachey in about 300 ft and dropped the rod with anchovie down to 135 ft.Sat down for a quick snack and looked up to see the deep rod just pounding and after a great fight that I swore was a spring ,the largest coho I've caught in a few years was flopping on the deck.A nice thick fish 31 inchs long weighing just shy of 16 lbs.Put on another anchovie on the other rod and dropped it to 125 ft. and a few minutes later had another pin popper that we lost at the boat that would have gone at least 12 lbs.And that was it for the day.Didn't see a single net out all day and only heard of a couple on the radio,but happy with the fish we took home.I should say also that the fish had some color to him(maybe a Sooke River fish?)but wild so won't be sending in the headIMG_0537.JPG

Anyone has luck today?
Still on the water 10:30 to now 3:25 out front of sooke Harbour. Not a nibble.

Back