I know, that’s partly why I yak fish. We have guests arriving on Thursday from the Cariboo so I wanted to make sure I have some cold smoked salmon for them. Those two puppies are already in the dry brine.
T2

Out fishing with Rockfish today. It was a calm but foggy morning so we fished the bluffs to avoid the crowd at Secretary. We hooked some shakers and small chinook that we released. As the fog cleared, we headed to Secretary and Possession to troll the tide change. The weather got suddenly sloppy with Westerly winds picking up. We were ready to pack up and hit an 80cm red hatchery spring.

Attachments

• Spring July 17th.jpg
    Spring July 17th.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 105
Fished 6:30-11am at Aldridge. Lots of barely legal springs around but only saw one decent fish caught. Cheanuh marina had 3 trailers in the lot when I arrived and there were less than 15 boats in the bay. It's the quietest I've ever seen the marinas this time of year.

Fished 6:30-11am at Aldridge. Lots of barely legal springs around but only saw one decent fish caught. Cheanuh marina had 3 trailers in the lot when I arrived and there were less than 15 boats in the bay. It's the quietest I've ever seen the marinas this time of year.
I think a number of people were put off by BWD this am, which had Race blowing 34 and a forecast for the westerly puffing up this pm. There were lots of trailers at Cheanuh yesterday.
T2

I think a number of people were put off by BWD this am, which had Race blowing 34 and a forecast for the westerly puffing up this pm. There were lots of trailers at Cheanuh yesterday.
T2
Hi T/2 were you in the Arima skip top ? I was with friends in the wooden Arima I know of you from the Arima owners website I have a old hunter and just have it seaworthy so hope to be out there in it soon.
We also found by continuing past Aldrige it flattened out and was quite fishable only one keeper and two dozen realeased
Tight lines Tom

Fished Otter this morning and put 3 springs in the box and had to release one that went 90-91 cm and figured it went 26 pounds. Put up a good scrap. Wind got howly around 10:30 after the current change so had to tuck in by the trailer park.

Hi T/2 were you in the Arima skip top ? I was with friends in the wooden Arima I know of you from the Arima owners website I have a old hunter and just have it seaworthy so hope to be out there in it soon.
We also found by continuing past Aldrige it flattened out and was quite fishable only one keeper and two dozen realeased
Tight lines Tom
Yup that was me. Give me a wave next time or call on 68.
Tom

Tight lines Tom
Nice to see you are having some luck Tom.....Guess you have retired that old white plug...cheers Lucky Duck

Nice to see you are having some luck Tom.....Guess you have retired that old white plug...cheers Lucky Duck
Racking my brain to put a name to your handle we must go back to Canada King days for you to remember the white plug ? I was just thinking I should put some new hooks on it and try it again
Tom

8 lb spring off beechy this morn 65 ft on anchovy saw a few other nets out a whole lot of shakers out there bet we hit at least 20
I’ve got the same report. 8lb off the head around 6:30 and must’ve gotten into at least 25 shakers. Fun for the two guys with me. Theyd never fished salmon before. Barely legal size, Released em all. Guess it’s a good sign for next year ?

Lots of shakers off of Pedder Bay this morning as well. 10 yr old Grandson had a good workout reeling them in. He also reeled up a 8lb wild spring (white) a 68cm ling, 2 rock cod and started on a 12lb spring but could handle the rod when the fish started to started to run. He did however, do a fine job getting it in the net. He was one happy camper today. Salmon caught on black and white and green and white coho killers. 65 and 75 on DR in 80ft of water. DFO stopped and checked us out as well.

Two buddies and I fished in between Aldridge pt and o brein pt this morning. 2 springs #12 #16 and one hatchery coho. Long released 7 or 8 lb coho. Spoon and anchovy..well done buddies.

Lots of shakers for us and one undersized ling.
Had one that felt like a good size but spit the hook at the surface.

Beauty day out there today.

First trip of the summer season due to major kicker issues. Resolved the issue with a brand new merc 8hp. Excellent start this morning off Aldridge with a nice 90cm, 21 pound Hatch! My son is a pro now at fighting fish, and he did well again on this one.
Couple happy kids here.

Attachments

• IMG_5283.JPG
    IMG_5283.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 119
Went out solo for a couple hours this afternoon and was into one after another small just over and under size springs. Also released a nice 8-9 pound sockeye. Was frustrating to be forced to fish in the area where the small fish were and saw many being landed and tossed back by the other boats. We all would have left that spot to get away from those small fish if we had another option. Just another example of stupid ill conceived rules doing more harm than good.

Went out solo for a couple hours this afternoon and was into one after another small just over and under size springs. Also released a nice 8-9 pound sockeye. Was frustrating to be forced to fish in the area where the small fish were and saw many being landed and tossed back by the other boats. We all would have left that spot to get away from those small fish if we had another option. Just another example of stupid ill conceived rules doing more harm than good.

Yeah I saw you cruise by me a few times this afternoon. We got a nice 13lber when we got there mid morning, and then kept a smaller bleeder hatchery. Released a ton of small feeder springs. Did not like imaginary line and the surveillance by DFO today.

Back